Time format in paper UI adds extra PM after hour

Platform information:
Hardware: Pi 4
OS: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) from openhabian-pi-raspbian image
Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.46.0.225-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_252-b225)
openHAB version: openHAB 2.5.6-1 (Release Build)

displays an extra PM after hour

shows 20:31 for [%1$tH:%1$tM]
shows 8 PM:31 PM for [%1$tl:%1$tM %1$tp]
shows 08 PM:31 PM for [%1$tI:%1$tM %1$Tp]

I do not even see an option in the java doc link to add PM after hour.

astro.items

DateTime Sunset_Time “Sunset [%1$tH:%1$tM]” { channel=“astro:sun:home:set#start” }
DateTime Sunset_Time1 “Sunset [%1$tl:%1$tM %1$tp]” { channel=“astro:sun:home:set#start” }
DateTime Sunset_Time2 “Sunset [%1$tI:%1$tM %1$Tp]” { channel=“astro:sun:home:set#start” }

PaperUI is an administrator’s toolbox, and does not offer neat formatting options.

The [state presentation] that you include in your Item labels will be used in user-facing UIs, like BasicUI

1 Like

I can confirm this to be the case for sure, but it works perfect in other UIs so… I ignored it because

and is definitely flaky and has buggies big time
It was abandoned and never finished Brad (and getting replaced soon)
The control tab in Paper UI is good for confirming the thing you just discovered is there, but that’s about it

abandoned for what?
I have setup and am trying to learn paperUI and HABMIN both look like they have similar functions but different approaches.
What ui should I setup for the direction the development is taking.

The other existing UIs??? It is a long story. It was contributed by a third party that lost interest before it was finished. They had also wrote it using a development tool none of the current developers used or wanted to learn so…
Paper UI is useful because it can be used do discovery of new 'thing’s and that is really about all it is useful for. Habmin can be used for discovery as well and has some good tools if you use zwave (it was written by Chris who also is the developer of the zwave binding)
The next version of OpenHAB (will be called OpenHAB3) will have a whole new replacement for the Paper UI and some of the other UIs will go away. The new UI will become the defacto ‘default’ user interface. I know classic UI will be retired. I think sitemaps will continue to be supported. There is also HaBot which was created by Yannik, the guy who is developing the new UI as well. HaBot is a natural language interpreter user interface, in other words, you talk to it like Alexa (it is super cool) The new user interface may eventually have this functionality included

ah… sitemaps are easy to create and are cool. Habpanel is really cool if you have a tablet you want to use as an interface. I actually created my own web interface almost as soon as I started with OpenHAB (guess none of them suited me)

thanks

1 Like