Timer/Get current time rule does not work after OH3 migration

Hello,

I have a rule where I dim Toilet lights when the time is between 22:00PM and 06:00AM.

I’ve had this code working well, but after migrating my system to OH3.1 the method of getting current date/time values have changed. I’ve read several articles but still not able to figure out why is it not working properly. Also I have errors in my openhab log when running the timer/get time part of the script.
As I’ve checked possible Java time values Minutes() and Hour() should be able to grabbed.
I’ve added a log entry to check if the value of hr*60+minutes are changing. It was changing on first run then I think it got stuck or stg because it shows the same value for CurrentTime.

var  CurrentTime = now.hour * 60 + now.minute

val nighttimeBrightness = '2'
val daytimeBrightness = '100'

rule "WC Lámpa dimmelés"
when 
    Item WcSzemAlarmMotion changed from OFF to ON
then
    logInfo("WC", "WC mozgás")
    logInfo("WC", "Aktuális idő " + CurrentTime.toString)
    if ((CurrentTime > 1320) || (CurrentTime < 360)) 
    {
      logInfo("WC", "Dimm bathroom light because it is nighttime")
      WCDimmerSwitchDimmer.sendCommand(nighttimeBrightness)
      createTimer(now.plusSeconds(180), [ | sendCommand(WCDimmerSwitchDimmer,0)])
    } else
    {
      logInfo("WC", "Set bathroom light brightness to 100 because it is daytime")
      WCDimmerSwitchDimmer.sendCommand(daytimeBrightness)
      createTimer(now.plusSeconds(180), [ | sendCommand(WCDimmerSwitchDimmer,0)])
    }

end

The Error log shows:
2021-07-13 08:34:41.306 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler@19fe1ad’: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@107a8d1[Not completed, task = java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter@f34266[Wrapped task = org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler$1@f01ea9]] rejected from org.openhab.core.internal.common.WrappedScheduledExecutorService@1f5c927[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 2838615]

java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@107a8d1[Not completed, task = java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter@f34266[Wrapped task = org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler$1@f01ea9]] rejected from org.openhab.core.internal.common.WrappedScheduledExecutorService@1f5c927[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 2838615]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2055) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:825) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.delayedExecute(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:340) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.scheduleAtFixedRate(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:632) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.startPolling(ZWaveThingHandler.java:459) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.handleCommand(ZWaveThingHandler.java:1220) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [bundleFile:?]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy3016.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [?:?]

at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:80) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) [bundleFile:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Previously in OH 2.5 I’ve had this part checking what is the current time and if that was between 22:00->to minutes and 06:00->to minutes then the ligts were dimmed.

if ((now.getMinuteOfDay > 1320) || (now.getMinuteOfDay < 360)

Now since in OH 3.1 getminuteofday does not work anymore I had to populate a variable every time the rule runs and check the same. Clearly it does not work well…

What am I missing or doing wrong?

To copy from the other thread

But it isn’t. It’s populated when the xxx.rules file is loaded. You’ve placed it outside of your rule.

var someVariable = complicated calculation
carries out the calculation at the time the var line is executed, and places the result in the variable. It does not place the complicated calculation in the variable.

See also -

Why don’t you create a rule and use the “But only if”

It’s much more complicated to me to create a script for the timer and for different cases, just to use the UI’s in between time condition.