Timers for on/off delay

Do you see errors in the logs?

I did but I changed some * to ? and those errors went away. Since then, no errors.

Currently the heating switch occupancyHeating should be on as the time is between 15.00 and 21.30 (proxy2) but still shows off on the sitemap.

Add logging to the Rules to verify that the rules are in fact not triggering.

Look in events.log and verify that your Items are indeed not receiving the commands.

There is a whole bunch of things that could have gone wrong before you get to your sitemap to definitively blame it on the Rules just yet.

hi @snoekieboe, thanks for sharing your rule, I was going to create something like this myself. I don’t understand one small thing (or item actually :slight_smile:) - what is this for:

RulePantryLightMotionTS.postUpdate( new DateTimeType() )

Aaah i will explain.

I want to keep track of when each of my rules fires and i want to show that information in BasicUI and HABpanel etc.

To accomplish this i have setup DateTime items (e.g. RulePantryLighsMotionTS) that i update in the rule as soon as the specific rule is triggered.

RulePantryLightMotionTS.postUpdate( new DateTimeType() )
updates the DateTime item with the Date and time at which the rule was triggered.

Thats it… you can use it, but you do not have to so you could remove that line.

thanks, understood. It was clear from the code I don’t need it but was curious what is it and why you’d use it, I have to say good idea for tracking, indeed.