Tivo 1.1 Protocol - NEW Binding Contribution!

Hi @DigitalBites,

I’ve been using your original JAR file for around six months with no major issues. It’s an integral part of my home automation set-up (I link it to the motion sensors to pause playback when I nip into the kitchen to make the tea!).

With the last couple of updates to the openHAB snapshot, things seem to have changed an the original JAR file is no longer working for me.

First problem which started sometime in the last two weeks is an error thrown on each of the parameters. Looking at the error message thown, I noticed that each of the parameters had a .0 appended. For example the TCP port is shown as 31339.0 rather than 31339 (integer). The .0 was added to all of the numeric parameter settings somehow.

You could correct these problems by updating all the numeric settings in one of the UIs to the correct values which then allowed the “thing” to initialise correctly. A bit painful as things got reset if you restarted, but not the end of the world.

The above could be caused by my current policy of persisting / restoring all item settings within mapdb, but equally that was the case before these errors started to appear.

However since I have done the last update the initialisation process no longer works at all. It looks like the binding status on “Initializing” is no longer permitted. The error in Paper UI is:

UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR Illegal status INITIALIZING. Bindings only may set UNKNOWN, ONLINE, OFFLINE or REMOVED.

For some reason I can’t get to my SAMBA shares / log files right now to pull out any more specific details (another new problem :confounded:). But I will get these for you if that would help.

This thread has been quiet for some time now. Are you still working on this binding? I really hope so, as from my experience it was 99% functionally complete.

You may also be interested in my use of your binding within the habPanel implementation:

Template post: