To change the WiFi network of the openHAB

Platform information:
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4
openHAB version: OpenHAB 2.5
Issue of the topic: I want to change the WiFi network of the openHAB, I don’t know where to edit it.

Please do help on the issue

Login to your Raspberry

SUDO openhabian-config
30 - System Settings
36 - WiFI Setup

I just tested this way, but it won’t work, as OP is using a Pi4(as me). I got an error-message.

Dont know what kind of error message you get, but try to change the file manually. You must be ROOT!

sudo cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

If you allready have a wifi connected, there should be the current settings.

Change them to your new settings.

br

demlstda, I just installed openhabian on a PI 4, openhabian-config 30,36 doesn’t work, error message says this function is for PI 3 so not designed for PI 4. I changed the config file before initial setup with SSID and Password but it still doesn’t work.

For anyone else who is having trouble with changing the network, I may have a solution. I was having similar problems moving my OpenHABian RPi4 to a new network recently. openhabian-config didn’t seem to actually work, even though /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf showed the new network SSID and password. Router did not show the RPi on the network, and I still couldn’t ping any local or internet addresses.

I ran sudo comitup-cli and was able to select a network and input the password. This seems to have worked. The device is now visible to my router, and I am able to ping internet addresses. Though for some reason, the OpenHABian welcome display still shows the old network’s IP address. Not sure if there’s a way to fix that… :confused:

1 Like