Touch screen interface unusable, thermostat setting keeps jumping all over the place

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: armv6l/444528kB/mmcblk0: mmc0:1234 SA16G 14.5 GiB
    • OS: Linux raspberrypi 4.9.35+ #1014 Fri Jun 30 14:34:49 BST 2017
      armv6l GNU/Linux; pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/debian_version -> 8.0
    • Java Runtime Environment: pi@raspberrypi:~ $ java -version
      openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_222-b178)
      OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.222-b178, mixed mode, Evaluation)
    • openHAB version: pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openhab-cli info

Version: 2.5.4 (Build)

User: openhab (Active Process 643)
User Groups: openhab tty dialout audio bluetooth i2c gpio

Directories: Folder Name | Path | User:Group
----------- | ---- | ----------
OPENHAB_HOME | /usr/share/openhab2 | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_RUNTIME | /usr/share/openhab2/runtime | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_USERDATA | /var/lib/openhab2 | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_CONF | /etc/openhab2 | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_LOGDIR | /var/log/openhab2 | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_BACKUPS | /var/lib/openhab2/backups | openhab:openhab

• Issue of the topic: temperature setpoint varying with no input

HestiaPi Touch. When I try to set the temperature via the touch screen with the ‘+’ and ‘-’ buttons, the set temperature keeps fluctuating wildly. Then it keeps switching the cooling unit off and on (killing it’s longevity) within 5-10 second intervals. Even 10 minutes without touching the touchscreen (which shouldn’t do this in the first place), it’s still wildly fluctuating the set point, and turning my HVAC on and off in sub minute intervals. WTF is going on?

Welcome.

If you tell us more information about your system we may be able to assist. Especially look at points 9, 10, &11.

How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

This is probably best asked on the HestiaPi forums.

The most important information to provide when you do is what version are you running: the base 1.1 configs or are you trying to use the latest stuff checked into github? This was a bug that was discovered a couple PRs ago that I’ve since fixed .