TP-LINK HS100 Smart Plug (WiFi)?

Does it show valid values for current, voltage? could you make a screen
shot of the energy values? I think it doesn’t parse the energy value
correctly.

I’ve found the issue. “Energy Usage” should work now. You can find a new jar at the same download location (https://github.com/Hilbrand/openhab2-addons/releases/tag/2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-TP-Link) Edit: dead link: binding is part of openHAB or new beta version in Eclipse Marketplace

1 Like

Awesome, just did a fresh install on my main server and it found it automatically; thanks!

it’s showing values now but I’m not sure what exactly it is showing

?
Comparing it with the app (kasa)

kasa displays: 302 W / 0.86 kWh
in openhab i see: 302 / 2.0 kWh

I added a screenshot the values are all looking a little bit strange…

Doesn’t it recognize the runtime? This value isn’t shown right now.
Sorry if I got something wrong :wink:

Hi,

the reading looks good at least. Both show the same momentary power reading of 302 Watts. The second reading is kiloWatts hours so your Watts divided by 1000 -> Watt to kilo Watt and then multiplied by the time (hours) the mesurement was ongoing. So they can’t be the same because this is normaly calculated on the fly by the app and not the device -> At least when the HS110 is behaving as similar devices.

Cheers,
Florian

You might need to remove the Things and re-discover them because when replacing the jar of the binding it keeps the old configuration for the already discovered things.

The runtime as returned by the sys info is the current run time since the device was switched on. Kasa shows the run time today also. I don’t know how to get the latter information from the smart plug/switch. Neither how to get the weekly and monthly run time values… :frowning: So therefor I haven’t added only the current runtime. Maybe if it’s known how to get that information it can be added.

This might be useful: https://github.com/GadgetReactor/pyHS100 This is a python repo that’s used for Home Assistant integration with TP Link products. It might help shed some light on some of the missing information, or maybe it contains what you already know. I do know that there are some slight differences between the products e.g. latitude vs latitude_i - but anyways. it could still be helpful.

Took me a while and a lot of googling but finally managed to figure it out and get it to work. Thank you :slight_smile:

pls help me. I am a noob, trying to get my openhab working with my essential smart home things. One of the last are 4 hs100 switches.
I am running an rasberry pi with openhabian.
I understand that i need to copy the SNAPSHOT.jar from above to some addons folder.
Logged in via winscp but did not find that folder, having problems with winscp. so please explain step by step if needed. (which ports? etc). Tried putty, but the commands seem to be differnt from console? I am confused.
checked the sd card on pc, folder structure seemed different, didnt find any folder containing “.snapshot” files.
now running again in my raspberry. don´t know where and how to put the file there, tried to update to newest snapshot version, but hs100 seems not to be integraded yet.
please help. I am eager to learn, so to better understand the system.

1 Like

anyone?

try windows file explorer , replace Ip with your own

\\192.168.1.117\openHAB-share\openhab2-addons

1 Like

ok. file access works now. Put the file there ( https://github.com/Hilbrand/openhab2-addons/releases/tag/2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-TP-Link =
Did this earlier on. Does not show up in paper interface!?
thanks for walking me through…!
Trying again now, maybe messed up filename

once I added that, I had to do the manual add and give ip of each plug to get them to show

with the things page blue plus button, does it show there?

great! did not look here! Thanks a lot, that was easier than expected!

I installed the binding manually as follows:

1. Logged in to the raspberry pi
  2. Go to the addons folder: cd /usr/share/openhab2/addons
  3. Get the jar directly from github with wget: wget https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.tplinksmarthome/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.tplinksmarthome-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
  4. Restart the raspberry pi (I don’t know if that’s needed, just to be sure).

Then you should be able to auto discover the tp-link devices in paper ui and habadmin.

3 Likes

Hello.

I’ve gotten my Plugs added, can turn them on or off using the PaperUI! Many Thanks for all the great instruction thus far!

I’m trying to get these onto my HarmonyHub.

I have the Hue Emulation service running. Harmony is able to detect and pair with the “Hue Hub”, however it shows that no devices/bulbs are paired with the Hue Hub.

A user experiencing the same was able to get it to work just by setting the Hue Emulation to DEBUG. Harmony Hub Home Automation Buttons (Hue Emulator question) I tried and had no such luck.

If anyone has any ideas, I’m all ears. Thanks!

I was able to add both the harmony hub abd hue extensions to openhab2 via the habmin extensions interface, after a search it failed on hue, then pushed button on top of hue and it registered, then could see items to add

you do not add a userid\pass to the hue config, it will auto populate that when it successfully registers with the button push

Just to confirm that this also works with the HS105 - using the HS100 profile.

yes, that is what I have, two of the HS105 and chose HS100 and they both work as expected

also confirm HS110