TP-Link Kasa KL130 bulbs and issues using the colorTemperatureAbs channel

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: BeagleBone Black
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK 1.8.0_152 (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf)
    • openHAB version: 2.5.1

There are some wierd things going on when trying to use the colorTemperatureAbs channel on the KL130 bulbs with Basic UI and the Android App. Here’s an example of one of the entries in my items file:

Switch    office_lamp_p       "Office Lamp"                             <switch> (Lights,interiorSw)     { channel="tplinksmarthome:kl130:6FF206:color" }
Number    office_lamp_ct      "Office Lamp Color Temperature [%dK]"     <temperature>         (Lights,interiorClrTmp)     { channel="tplinksmarthome:kl130:6FF206:colorTemperatureAbs" }
Color     office_lamp_c       "Office Lamp Color"                       <colorwheel>    (Lights,interiorColor)     { channel="tplinksmarthome:kl130:6FF206:color" }
Dimmer     office_lamp_b       "Office Lamp Brightness"                 <slider>    (Lights,interiorDimmer)     { channel="tplinksmarthome:kl130:6FF206:color" }

There relevant group here is “interiorClrTmp” and it is defined in the items file.

and now the site map:

Setpoint item=interiorClrTmp label="interior lights temp [%.0fK]" icon="temperature" minValue=2700 maxValue=9000 step=100
        Slider item=interiorColor icon="light" label="interior lights brightness"
        Colorpicker item=interiorColor label="interior lights color"

and

Text label="all lights" icon="group" {
                Group item=interiorSw label="interior switches"
                Group item=interiorDimmer label="interior brightness"
                Group item=interiorClrTmp label="interior color temp"
                Group item=interiorColor label="interior colors"

In the first part of the sitemap file, if I use a set point, I am able to adjust the color temperature of a groups of bulbs in increments of 100 Kelvin that I can scroll through. Initially I was going for being able to just type it in but this isn’t a bad compromise so I’m ok with it. However, this ONLY works on the android app. In the Basic UI, the arrows for the set point are there (and they are but are very slow to use) but not the widget allows me to scroll through the temps.

In the second part of the sitemap, I’m trying to get access to each bulbs color temperature. I’m using the group again but in this case, for BOTH the android app and Basic UI, the color temperature displays but it can not be changed directly.

There was a similar problem with controlling the brightness setting that I was able to solve by also the color channel as a dimmer but it seems like the Number Item type is being translated to something that can be entered directly.

FWIW, I haven’t starting playing with HABPanel yet and I intend to but I didn’t wanto to get into that until I reported what I was seeing so far.