Tradfri binding kills my Tradfri Gateway

Unfortunately I faced the same problem with the standard power supply, I realized the problems yesterday, but there were some signals before. Like my openHAB motion rules not triggering the Tradfri panel.

I have a led panel and a remote and run firmware version 1.3.14

It seems to be fixed now that I removed the fixed ip address in my unifi controller, strange maybe a bug in my Unifi router?

Hi guys,

Same issue here, both my gateways are offline so are my LED’s.
I tried restarting the gateways, but no difference. The only fix seems to be restart of OH.

Currently running the latest OH Stable 2.3.0.
I don’t see any erros when looking at the log and the gateways + LED’s are responding perfectly with my IKEA app.

Any suggestions?

Hi

My Ikea gateway received new firmware yesterday, maybe it helps?

Running now 1.4.x

Maybe that could be it.

Let’s see what happens the next few days :slight_smile:

Really? I need to check that. Mine has not updated.

And it is OFFLINE again, unfortunately I don’t have the time to look into it right now.

@kai how is your tradfri behaving, is it fine?

I did btw also receive the 1.4.x update

EDIT: invested some time anyway

Network is fine this time and app is still working
After re-entering the security code a new connection is setup, could it be that it loses the pre-shared key / connection with a (some) firmware updates?

@kai how is your tradfri behaving, is it fine?

It is feeling well in the drawer where it is stored :wink:
I don’t use it productively, so I cannot provide input here, sorry…

I don’t know if it cans help you but in my case ([SOLVED] Tradfri binding is so unstable for me) it was the power plug making issue. I checked it make sure it is really good connected and actually let the gateway open in order to not disturb it.

And it is weird but since I did not face this issue again.

1 Like

My Tradfri Gateway thing requires re-entering of the security code in the binding after each OH 2.3 restart. Otherwise the gateway and all items went off-line…

1 Like