Tradfri binding loses connection after Power failure / gateway reboot

Same issue here. After reboot connection to Gateway lost.

I only lose connection, no settings.
It’s been like this for more than a year on Snapshots.
On my remote site I had to install a Z-Wave wall plug in order to be sure to get it online after a power outage.
More recently I have had good success reconnecting restarting the binding from Karaf.

Both my problem sites are running OH2 Snapshots on x64 Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS.

Even in OH 2.4, latest milestone (is currently release), the binding loses connection to the gateway after a OH reboot. Maybe the ESH updates to the binding need to be included in OH?

1 Like

@Tobi77, what kind of system do you run OH2 on?
Maybe this is only a problem on certain platforms?
Will try to enable DEBUG/TRACE level debug for binding.
Only about 2 in 10 restarts goes without a hiccup.

Raspberry Pi 3B Plus, milestone…

I had the impression that snapshot builds are more stable regarding the Tradfri binding, but much more unstable for others…

I’ve been on snapshots from day one and the problem has been there since last winter.
I see the same behaviour on two sites, both running Ubuntu server on intel x64 CPU.

Hmmm. Do we have know the maintainers of the binding? Or is this an ESH business?

Note, the ESH bug report claims this to be resolved since ESH 0.10, which is already running in OH 2.4.

Still, the issue remains…

I created a bug report here:

I hope this is the expected procedure. Please inform me in case a acting wrong.

2.5.0-SNAPSHOT Build #1482

My Trådfri Gateway lost all its pairings yesterday, possibly because I had to re-boot/power-cycle it in order to get it to connect to OH2. I had problems re-pairing lights and opted to replace it with a spare I had.

This new Gateway has the same issue with failing to connect after an OH2 restart.
I tried enabling more logs, but no more is showing.

openhab> log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.tradfri

When restarting the binding, this is the only WARN log:

2018-12-30 15:31:44.086 [WARN ] [iscovery.TradfriDiscoveryParticipant] - Discovered Tradfri gateway doesn't have an IP address: [ServiceInfoImpl@1501157832 name: 'gw-b072bfb31baf._coap._udp.local.' address: '(null):5684' status: 'NO DNS state: probing 1 task: null', has NO data, empty]

Same log entry on both success and failure.

Tradfri gateway doesn't have an IP address

That’s exactly what I am also experiencing…

Here https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/6065#issuecomment-453748486 a fix ist proposed and the author asks for testing. As I am unexperienced in conpliling ESH: Maybe an advanced user can do a test and confirm, so the new code can be merged? Thanks :slight_smile:

@OMR: Can you give a try?

I don’t have a Java build environment, but I’m familiar with testing jars should one emerge.

@hreichert uploaded a test version here: https://cloud.h0lger.de/index.php/s/lyKNjOhEKarsGak

Download all files;Remove Tradfri binding; Drop all files in your “addons” folder; Restart.
I recommend to do this on a testing environment.

2 Likes

@OMR That should be Java code for testing. Would you give it a try?

I’m on it, but a bit pressed for time.
Let you know.

1 Like

Since I don’t have a testing environment setup and am receiving house-guest this weekend it will have to wait until next week.

@cweitkamp, I see you updated the JARs just yesterday.
Have you tested them at all?
If they still work OK for you, would it be easier to test in the next SNAPSHOT?

@OMR There seems to be a misunderstanding. I did not upload anything. I just posted a link to a test version uploaded by @hreichert. So, No, I did not test it, but I am sure @hreichert did.

Just added the change to my system and did a powercycle of the Ikea GW - came back just fine in OpenHab so for now it’s a better working solution than the old binding code for me. Will keep it running and reply back with any other findings I might see with this code.

2 Likes

Will the provided JAR files work in OH2.5 M1, or are they prepared for OH2.4?