Tradfri Switch (deCONZ) as remote for HUE bulb

Hi all,
I am running Openhab 2.5 on a raspberry. I have have a ConBee II stick to access Zigbee. I just got a new Ikea TRÅDFRI switch.
It is working within openhab and I get the result as follows:

Pressing the on button ( I ) shortly, results in the following output in openhab:

deconz:switch:homeserver:ffe97413a011000:buttonevent triggered 1002

Holding the on button, results in:

deconz:switch:homeserver:ffe97413a011000:buttonevent triggered 1001

Release the on button triggeres the 1003

The Off button ( 0 ) works the same way, just with 2001, 2002 and 2003

I would like to use the results as a way to do the following:

Click I once --> Turn on the light
Click I twice (within a resonable time) --> Set a specific brightness and color
Click I tree times --> Set another brightness and color
Holding I --> Increase brightness
Hold 0 --> Decrease birghtness
Click 0 --> Turn light off

I am fine with the click once (I can turn the bulb on and off again), however, timers and me seem not to harmonize :slight_smile:

So my question:

• How do I realize the double / tripple click

• How can I hold and increase / decrease the brightness?

I tried some solutions, that I found, but none of them worked for me.

I am quite new to the whole rules thing, so the problem is probably sitting on the keyboard :slight_smile:

Can anyone help me?

Kind Regards

Dasgen

1 Like

Hi

Sorry but I don’t have an answer for you but I would be interested to know how you got your dimmer paired with OH. I press the button on the back 5 times until the light flashes and run the Zigbee binding discovery. The switch is found but never completes discovery.

Cheers
Andy

@AJUK this thread about deconz vs zigbee binding. I propose you start a new thread.

@Thedannymullen I’ve done that and got no response. So I kept digging and found this, which seems connected to what I’m doing so I figured I’d ask. Can you answer the question?

You click button 4 or 5 times and deconz finds the remote. That’s all I can answer.

Sounds like you tried that though and it didn’t work.

It was quite tricky to get it to work, but I tired it a couple of times. At one time it just worked.