Transform errors with MIOS binding

I’m running OpenHAB 2.2 and using Node-Red for my rules to control MIOS devices. I’m seeing a lot of errors in the logs relating to transforms:
On startup I get a lot of these:

[rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform 'NULL' with the file 'miosDeviceStatusUI.map' : Target value not found in map for 'NULL'

In Node-Red I use ItemCommand to send a number between 0 and 100 to control brightness on say HallLightsLoadLevelStatus - this seems to work OK but I get this error logged:

Could not transform '90' with the file 'miosDimmerCommand.map' : Target value not found in map for '90'

The transform files are present as they were installed with the binding.

I certainly already got this warning but as it has no impact, I have not investigated more. Will do it uf I can reproduce.

Thanks, @Lolodomo. As I noted it’s working fine - certainly much more reliable than using my Vera Lite with PLEG. Do you have any plans for making it a 2.0 binding or is this as good as it gets?

No plan for a 2.0 binding on my side. The 1.x binding is working perfectly.
I could replace my VeraLite by a simple USB stick in 2018 (I have a problem with a Z-Wave+ device).
Someone developed a 2.0 binding for the Vera but unfortunately he used a polling method to get data so I did not test it.

That’s my plan also as I’m still on UI5 and have no intention of upgrading. I’m moving OH to an Intel NUC once I find a source for an Aeotec Z-Wave USB stick. All UK suppliers are out of stock with no ETA, but in the meantime I’m quite satisfied with a Pi and the Vera Lite.

Ok, I have same warnings:

2017-12-30 17:17:30.370 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform '54' with the file 'miosDimmerCommand.map' : Target value not found in map for '54'

Looking at the content of the file miosDimmerCommand.map, I confirm that there is of course not an entry for each integer value.
So we have certainly just to ignore this warning.

This is a known situation. I asked about it 2 years ago and the maintainer explained it here: Mios Binding Thermostat transform

Sadly, I believe @guessed is no longer with us given he has been idle since May.

As for me, the 1.x binding works great. I use a vera edge for zwave only. I run OH in a VM and I have several instances of OH running so a zstick wouldn’t be a very good option.

Hopefully somebody else will someday build a new mios binding to keep us running.

Well it’s good to know from @guessed that it can be ignored. I’m also running OH along with Node-Red in a VM but my Vera Lite still needs to be rebooted on a regular basis despite unloading nearly all plugin-ins. However, this setup is still way better than Vera on it’s own.

I’m setting up an Intel NUC with both a Z-Wave dongle and an RTL-SDR to handle my 433MHz devices, so I can then gradually migrate all my Z-Wave devices across. This will be a pain as there are lots of dimmers & light switches buried in tightly packed wall boxes.

Yeah, zwave needs to be repaired too often for me to use devices that aren’t accessible without opening wall boxes.

Have you done a factory reset on that Vera? I had great reliability after a factory reset and no plugins. I upgraded to the edge to get the newer zwave protocols.

I never had the nerve! I installed it over three years ago, and reset it a couple of times while getting familiar with it - we were in the middle of reconstrucion so it was no great hardship when I had to re-include devices. But now I fear loosing my Z_Wave config if I reset. It was really only ever used as a glorified timer apart from a couple of PLEG scenes, linking motion sensors to lights. But these were very slow and led to much hand waving to get lights on! Very poor WAF!

Since moving to OpenHAB 2 and Node-Red the system has been transformed, lights come on reliably, I just got Influxdb and Grafana working and I’m testing the Max! heating control system which integrates well with OH2. Next project is to get familiar with HabPanel and put a few tablets around the house.

Yes you will likely loose your zwave network by resetting. I formatted to factory on ui 7 and it works great. Ui5 and pleg were how I got started and russel did a great job but that was not a reliable system as you see.

I’m still on UI5 as I believe UI7 doesn’t support my older Aeotec multi-sensors. Also, the early versions were very buggy. I’m more of an OS/Hardware guy, programming was never my forte so PLEG was a nightmare for me.

Anyway, I’ve just received notification that my Z-Wave stick will arrive next week, so it will be interesting to see how it performs with OH2.