Triggering a rule in Paper UI causes an exception if the rule has not already been triggered elsewhere

I agree. There are places for them there.

One of Kai’s visions for the ERE was to enable the creation of a more reasonable distribution of libraries like this. I think the high level vision was to use the IoT Marketplace or something like that to give a place for devs to distribute and for users to be able to select and import them into their Rules environment. So imagine a DP library and all the user’s need to do is set up their Items and make the calls to library functions or predefined Rules.

Given that high level vision I think GH would be the most appropriate place to get started.

I only use the forum for Rules DSL stuff because people are going to need to do copy and paste and edit type operations to use them anyway so I may as well include the explanatory text and the code inline. I didn’t see much benefit at the time to point to an external GH repo for them. Also, the amount of code in these sorts of Rules DSL examples rarely extend beyond 40 lines of code.

As a moderator I don’t have the power to create a new topic. Have you just messaged the admins group or admins individually? Kai is usually pretty responsive to this sort of request. I wonder if the request just got lost in the shuffle.

1 Like

I spent hours running around this issue thinking that my setup has something wrong!
I am on the latest version and this issue still occurs! Do you have any update on it or why it is happening?

Just don’t execute rules through Paper UI, which is an incomplete implementation. If you need to trigger rules from a UI, add an Item to the triggers and then add the Item to a sitemap or HABpanel.

It worked with your workaround.
Any idea what is happening?

IIRC, the context is not being provided. This can only be fixed in OH 3.0. Paper UI has been removed, so this needs to be addressed in the new UI or OH core when this feature is reimplemented.

1 Like