Trouble adding Aeotec ZW130 WallMote Quad to z-wave database

I recently bought a couple of the new Aeotec ZW130 WallMote Quad. Since this is a fairly new device, it is not in the z-wave device database. The problem I’m having is that the devices doesn’t seem to create an XML-config file. I have woken up the device several times, and the thing is showing up as expected in Paper UI and Habmin,

This is the output from http://localhost:8080/rest/things/zwave:device:904d0572:node34

{
  "statusInfo": {
    "status": "ONLINE",
    "statusDetail": "NONE"
  },
  "label": "Controlpanel kitchen",
  "bridgeUID": "zwave:serial_zstick:904d0572",
  "configuration": {},
  "properties": {
    "zwave_class_basic": "ROUTING_SLAVE",
    "zwave_class_generic": "REMOTE_SWITCH_2",
    "zwave_frequent": "false",
    "zwave_neighbours": "5,9,20,32",
    "zwave_nodeid": "34",
    "zwave_version": "0.0",
    "zwave_listening": "false",
    "zwave_routing": "true",
    "zwave_beaming": "true",
    "zwave_class_specific": "SWITCH_REMOTE2_MULTILEVEL",
    "zwave_wakeup_time": "2017-02-13T19:49:11Z"
  },
  "UID": "zwave:device:904d0572:node34",
  "thingTypeUID": "zwave:device",
  "channels": []
}

A config is available in OpenZWave and from the Z-wave Alliance database, but I’m not sure how to proceed in order to add it to the database.

Does anyone else have this device and is able to provide the node.xml-file?

I’ve just received one of these from Aeon I think. I’ll try and take a look over the weekend.

1 Like

@chris please ping me, if I can do anything to assist.

I plan to look at this this afternoon - the device is sitting on my desk in front of me :slight_smile: . Hopefully it will be easy, but if not I’ll let you know.

It’s quite a cool device :).

Mine created an XML. It needed a couple of wakeups, and there might be a bug that needs to be looked at, but it should (I think!) work ok - it’s certainly sending a load of scene commands.

I’ve created a database entry here. Can I ask you to look at adding information on the config parameters and associations to this entry.

I’m hopeful this will get you up and running, but there might be something else causing some problems that I need to look at in more depth…

Perfect! The device is very cool and stylish. I’ve been waiting a long time for something like this to become available.

I’ve added the details on the config parameters and associations and submitted a request for review.

Btw: I see that Security is set to no, but the manual indicates that the device can be added as a secure device.

Security doesn’t work in the current binding. In any case, unless you really think this needs to be secured, I would avoid security - it causes ~3x the traffic on the network…

I’ll export the database later tonight - let me know if your device works or not…

I see. Not a problem in my case.

I’m sure you’ve been asked this a bunch of times, but would you mind pointing me in the correct direction for instructions on how to update to the latest build?

First of all - thank you for your effort. It’s really appreciated.

I have uninstalled the z-wave binding from Paper UI, downloaded the latest snapshot and placed it in the /usr/share/openhab2/addons folder. All z-wave nodes are working as normal.

However, I am still unable to configure the device. The xml-node is not created and it seems as if the initialization never completes. I must have woken up the device a 50 times both after a restart of OH2 and after a time and after reincluding the device. The device has direct contact with the controller and the controller is set to “Do Not Use Security”.

The output from http://localhost:8080/rest/things/zwave:device:904d0572:node36 is:

{
  "statusInfo": {
    "status": "ONLINE",
    "statusDetail": "NONE"
  },
  "label": "Controlpanel Kitchen",
  "bridgeUID": "zwave:serial_zstick:904d0572",
  "configuration": {
    "wakeup_node": 1,
    "action_heal": "",
    "wakeup_interval": 0,
    "binding_pollperiod": 600
  },
  "properties": {
    "zwave_class_basic": "ROUTING_SLAVE",
    "zwave_class_generic": "REMOTE_SWITCH_2",
    "zwave_frequent": "false",
    "zwave_neighbours": "1,3,5,7,10,14,20,21,28,29,31,32",
    "zwave_nodeid": "36",
    "zwave_version": "0.0",
    "zwave_listening": "false",
    "zwave_routing": "true",
    "zwave_wakeup_time": "2017-02-22T23:00:32Z",
    "zwave_beaming": "true",
    "zwave_class_specific": "SWITCH_REMOTE2_MULTILEVEL"
  },
  "UID": "zwave:device:904d0572:node36",
  "thingTypeUID": "zwave:device",
  "channels": []
}

When pressing the button, the zwave debug log shows that CENTRAL_SCENE-commands are received:

2017-02-23 00:23:57.948 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 36: Application Command Request (ALIVE:STATIC_VALUES)
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 36: Incoming command class CENTRAL_SCENE
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [dclass.ZWaveCentralSceneCommandClass] - NODE 36: Received CENTRAL_SCENE command V2
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [dclass.ZWaveCentralSceneCommandClass] - NODE 36: Received scene 4 at key 0 [Single Press]
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 36: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveCommandClassValueEvent
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 36: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = CENTRAL_SCENE, value = 4.0

I have pasted a full log of a wake here: http://pastebin.com/tYDgL17V

Hi,
Can you provide a full log please. Filtering like you’ve done eliminates all the received data that I need - there’s no received data in the log…

Chris

With the device or binding?

Having trouble adding it too. Would just the debug log help or anything else?

Hi @chris, any update on this. I have tried to get one working also but it seams that the device is not part of the latest openHAB snapshot (mine is from 20th of march). When I see the log loading Z-wave devices I do not see ZW130 loading.

Sorry - I’ve not had a chance to look at this further yet.

As best as I can tell it should be included -:

I got it working but not sure which snapshot I’m on, I had to change my apt-get sources though.

Did wonder what this bug might be? Seems to be working fine for me… Getting the button presses at least.

I did a upgrade to latest snapshot now (the one from 21st of march) and now the WallMote quad (ZW130) is working! Might be a coincidence that it didn’t work with the snapshot from 20th.

Buttons are working but slider/dimmer function and battery_level is not working.

What is needed in order to support the slider/dimmer functions? Is it something that may come in a near future or is this something Openhab can’t handle properly? It’s not clear for me.

It will be added in future - there’s no reason that OH can’t support it.

I also bought this wallpanel but cannot get it to work, tried installing the lastest build(937). I looked at the config file you posted previously and noticed that the model number there is ZW130, mine is ZW130-C could that be the issue? if so could you add a 130-C version?,

Thanks

Mine is also ZW130-C and it´s working in my setup with the latest build.

Thats good to know, got any Tips on what could be wrong? What z-wave binding version are you using?