Trouble adding Aeotec ZW130 WallMote Quad to z-wave database

I see. Not a problem in my case.

I’m sure you’ve been asked this a bunch of times, but would you mind pointing me in the correct direction for instructions on how to update to the latest build?

First of all - thank you for your effort. It’s really appreciated.

I have uninstalled the z-wave binding from Paper UI, downloaded the latest snapshot and placed it in the /usr/share/openhab2/addons folder. All z-wave nodes are working as normal.

However, I am still unable to configure the device. The xml-node is not created and it seems as if the initialization never completes. I must have woken up the device a 50 times both after a restart of OH2 and after a time and after reincluding the device. The device has direct contact with the controller and the controller is set to “Do Not Use Security”.

The output from http://localhost:8080/rest/things/zwave:device:904d0572:node36 is:

{
  "statusInfo": {
    "status": "ONLINE",
    "statusDetail": "NONE"
  },
  "label": "Controlpanel Kitchen",
  "bridgeUID": "zwave:serial_zstick:904d0572",
  "configuration": {
    "wakeup_node": 1,
    "action_heal": "",
    "wakeup_interval": 0,
    "binding_pollperiod": 600
  },
  "properties": {
    "zwave_class_basic": "ROUTING_SLAVE",
    "zwave_class_generic": "REMOTE_SWITCH_2",
    "zwave_frequent": "false",
    "zwave_neighbours": "1,3,5,7,10,14,20,21,28,29,31,32",
    "zwave_nodeid": "36",
    "zwave_version": "0.0",
    "zwave_listening": "false",
    "zwave_routing": "true",
    "zwave_wakeup_time": "2017-02-22T23:00:32Z",
    "zwave_beaming": "true",
    "zwave_class_specific": "SWITCH_REMOTE2_MULTILEVEL"
  },
  "UID": "zwave:device:904d0572:node36",
  "thingTypeUID": "zwave:device",
  "channels": []
}

When pressing the button, the zwave debug log shows that CENTRAL_SCENE-commands are received:

2017-02-23 00:23:57.948 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 36: Application Command Request (ALIVE:STATIC_VALUES)
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 36: Incoming command class CENTRAL_SCENE
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [dclass.ZWaveCentralSceneCommandClass] - NODE 36: Received CENTRAL_SCENE command V2
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [dclass.ZWaveCentralSceneCommandClass] - NODE 36: Received scene 4 at key 0 [Single Press]
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 36: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveCommandClassValueEvent
2017-02-23 00:23:57.949 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 36: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = CENTRAL_SCENE, value = 4.0

I have pasted a full log of a wake here: http://pastebin.com/tYDgL17V

Hi,
Can you provide a full log please. Filtering like you’ve done eliminates all the received data that I need - there’s no received data in the log…

Chris

With the device or binding?

Having trouble adding it too. Would just the debug log help or anything else?

Hi @chris, any update on this. I have tried to get one working also but it seams that the device is not part of the latest openHAB snapshot (mine is from 20th of march). When I see the log loading Z-wave devices I do not see ZW130 loading.

Sorry - I’ve not had a chance to look at this further yet.

As best as I can tell it should be included -:
https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/blob/master/ESH-INF/thing/aeon_zw130_0_0.xml

I got it working but not sure which snapshot I’m on, I had to change my apt-get sources though.

Did wonder what this bug might be? Seems to be working fine for me… Getting the button presses at least.

I did a upgrade to latest snapshot now (the one from 21st of march) and now the WallMote quad (ZW130) is working! Might be a coincidence that it didn’t work with the snapshot from 20th.

Buttons are working but slider/dimmer function and battery_level is not working.

What is needed in order to support the slider/dimmer functions? Is it something that may come in a near future or is this something Openhab can’t handle properly? It’s not clear for me.

It will be added in future - there’s no reason that OH can’t support it.

I also bought this wallpanel but cannot get it to work, tried installing the lastest build(937). I looked at the config file you posted previously and noticed that the model number there is ZW130, mine is ZW130-C could that be the issue? if so could you add a 130-C version?,

Thanks

Mine is also ZW130-C and it´s working in my setup with the latest build.

Thats good to know, got any Tips on what could be wrong? What z-wave binding version are you using?

I use same build as you. What I think solved it was that I waked up my WallMote several times before I added it from the inbox in habmin.

Yay got it to work, i included it with “IMATools” before as i wasnt sure how to include from Habmin, but once i found a guide, i was able to include it from habmin, worked right away

@norfus, do you get the dimmer events and the battery level as well?

I haven’t gotten the dimmer events yet, but i think that you can only bind those directly to a dimmable zwave device?
At least the Thing only have channels for changing scenes(single press or holding)

Or is there some other way? I know i would have liked to be able to control the sound of my NAS for example

The battery level seems to work, i got it to update it once while i was charging the Wallmote, i dont think it sends updates very often otherwise though

@chris is on it, but apparently has a lot on his plate:

I just got my Wallmote Quad yesterday and was able to add it to OH2 without any problems.

Configuration on the other hand, well THAT is a entirely different story.

Everything shows up, but when I want to change the settings in “Things” then nothing happens. All I see is the 505 HTTP ERROR box in the bottom right hand of the screen and that was it.

A shame really since I could configure everything I need right in there. I just want to turn on/off and dim a couple of fibaro dimmers that I purchased.

I have found that habmin is a little more reliable when seeing the “greyed out” settings config, or getting the 505 errors. Not always totally clear if the settings have made it through, until the quads stop making a noise when activated :slight_smile: