Trouble getting Aeotec Door Sensor Recognized

Hello,

I have an Aeotec Door Sensor, 2nd Edition that I cannot seem to get recognized by OpenHAB 1.7. I do have other z-wave items, such as switches and the Aeotec multi-sensor that are all connected.

I have gone through the steps of added the door sensor to my Aeon Labs Z-wave stick. As far as I can tell, it is connected, the light stays on, etc. When I startup OpenHAB, I do see the new node added. But I have not yet been able to see the Door Senor show up.

I have these entries in my ITEMS file:

Contact Door_Sensor “Front Door [MAP(motion.map):%s]” (gSensor) { zwave=“23:command=basic,respond_to_basic=true” }

Number Door_Sensor_Battery “Front Door - battery [%d %%]” (gSensor) { zwave=“23:command=battery” }

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

Suggest you check its association groups in habmin. Your controller should be in group 1.

Thank you for your response, but I am a newbie with this. While I have habmin, what is Group 1 and how can I check the association group for this sensor?

In habmin, click the expando (plus sign) near your switch. Under that, you’ll see association groups. Expand association groups. You’ll see one or more groups, and depending on the particular device they might be called “group 1” or “device to receive reports” or some such. Open that expando, and it’ll show you if each device is, or isn’t, part of that group. Make sure your controller IS a member of that group.

TheKorn,

I really appreciate all your effort and help with figuring this out, and teaching me something new.

I opened the new Node that OpenHab saw (Node 23) but did not see the Association Group. It doesn’t look like it is recognizing it at all (based on the Gray indicator and lack of Value). I looked the 4-in-1 Sensor and that does have the Association Group when I expand it.

Is there something else I can do?

Thank you again for all your help.

Hello Rob,

Did you find a solution to this?

Hi mammes_s,

Sorry, I never got a solution to this. Life got in the way and I still have the sensor sitting on my desk waiting for me to try again.

Good luck.