- Platform information:
- Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4, 4GB
- microSD card: 64GB
- microSD card for backup: 128GB (in USB card-reader)
- OS: Openhabian 1.7 (Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)) (install image file:
- Java Runtime Environment: default (don’t know which it is)
- openHAB version: 3.2.0 - Release Build
- Issue of the topic:
I am setting up a new installation of OpenHab using Openhabian and want to have backups from the get go. I set up the backup-functionality as described here using the following configuration:
# external SD card device to backup and mirror the internal SD card to backupdrive=/dev/sda storageconfig=openhab-dir storagedir=/storage storagetapes=15 storagecapacity=32768
I am using a 64GB microSD card and backing up to a 128GB microSD card in a USB card-reader.
The setup of the backup seems to have worked correctly and I was able to successfully boot the backup microSD for testing.
I now did some modifications and wanted to trigger the backup manually before continuing with other changes. I am unsure how to do this.
From what I read in the forum, I assumed it would be as easy as to select
sudo openhabian-config -> 50 Backup/Restore -> 55 | Sync SD to trigger an incremental backup. But when I select that, it asks me where I want to backup to, i.e.:
And when I select
sda2 as shown, I get the following:
I am unsure, if this is me not using it correctly or if this is an issue with the configuration not being correct. I assumed, I need to select
sda2, because that is where the root-partition is copied to (I saw this by mounting it to
sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt ). Also I read that Amanda backs up to the remaining space, which should be
sda3, which is mounted
For what its worth:
- I would not have expected to be asked where to store at all. I thought that the location where to backup, is what is setup by the auto-backup during the installation or (alternatively) with menu point
53. And that menu points
55just trigger the backup to those locations - but obviously this was a misunderstanding.
- Also I was unable to find the corresponding information in the openhabian docs … did I miss them?
Any help is greatly appreciated to help me trigger the backups manually …
Thank you and kind regards,