Trouble with MaryTTS and exec to play audio file

Hello,
I’m having two issues with a fresh install of 1.83 OpenHAB. I installed via apt-get, but copy the 1.8.3 version of the addons (MARYTTS and exec binding. I’m unable to get either to MaryTTS to say anything. I’m also unable to get the rule to play an audio file. I’ve checked that I can hear the mp3 file out of the Raspberry Pi at an ok level. Here’s my configuration:

Item:

Switch Switch1 {mqtt=“>[broker:myhome/bedroom/switch1:command:ON:1],>[broker:myhome/bedroom/switch1:command:OFF:0],<[broker:myhome/bedroom/switch1:state:ON:1],<[broker:myhome/bedroom/switch1:state:OFF:0”}
Switch Switch2 {mqtt=“>[broker:myhome/bedroom/switch2:command:ON:1],>[broker:myhome/bedroom/switch2:command:OFF:0],<[broker:myhome/bedroom/switch2:state:ON:1],<[broker:myhome/bedroom/switch2:state:OFF:0]”}

Rule

rule SaySomething
when
Item Switch2 received update
then
say(“calling”)
executeCommandLine(“omxplayer /media/doorbell.mp3”)
end

I can execute the omxplayer on the mp3 file and I get good sound level out of the 3.3 output. I did set this in the openhab.cfg for english voice.
marytts:voice=cmu-slt-hsmm

But when I push Switch2, I neither the text to voice nor the play mp3 command works.

Try to execute the command as user openhab.

sudo -u openhab <command> 

Explained in detail on a basic setup here.

Err…

sudo -u openhab <command> 

:wink:

Damm autocorrect.