Troubleshooting ZigBee by sniffing traffic

Hehe, alot simpler… at least it returned a 16 hex readable key :smile:

Thanks for your help anyway, Peter!

1 Like

Exactly how does the zigbee network key look like (format)?

This:
ff 18 4f 3b f5 ea 38 b3 9b cf 28 c4 9e d7 ea 14
Or this:
ff:18:4f:3b:f5:ea:38:b3:9b:cf:28:c4:9e:d7:ea:14

Which version should be inserted in the coordinator setup? I use Elelabs Rpi Shield. The option where I insert the key looks like this default: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 before I insert the key. So I would assume it´s the first of the above version, correct?

In Wireshark, I have tried both. But I dont see any differences. I even tried without a key, and the result still looks the same. It tells me, there might be something wrong with the key somewhere. I just cant spot the problem, or even tell if Wireshark have the correct key format.

Certainly the first one will work - the second will also likely work. The binding accepts a number of different formats - you can also just type all the numbers with no spaces.

If it doesn’t like the format, it will give an error.

The thing is. I get no error, and on restart of openhab, I can see the key just fine. But in wireshark, I can´t tell if it has accepted the key. I believe I have tried all combinations, even without a key, just to see how wireshark is behaving. I see no differences.