Trying to bind Aeotec remotes

I’m trying to associate some Aeotec Minimote remotes to OpenHAB via HABMin. I have the Z-Wave binding module installed and configured, HABMin shows my Aeotec Gen5 stick as working and I’ve successfully (after some poking and prodding) bound an Aeotec smart switch. However, when I try to bind my remotes (press Learn on the remote, then Include in HABMin) they show up as grey, and just stay that way. The HABMin wiki says it can take a few hours for binding to complete with battery devices, but it’s been over 12 hours with no change in status. Am I missing some trick here?
Thanks!

I’m trying to set attribute 250 as well, to put them in scene mode. However none of the attributes are editable. See my screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/97Ku3

If the dot next to the device is grey in habmin, it means that the device is known to the zwave network but hasn’t completed initialization yet. Habmin can’t/won’t change anything on a device until its initialization has completed, so you won’t be able to dink with attribute 250 yet.

Slide open the remote door, and hold the JOIN button down for three seconds or so. (Blue light should be on the entire time.) That’ll force the remote to wake up and talk to openhab. Then reload habmin and see if the remote’s status has changed to from grey to green.

If it hasn’t, then you’re likely experiencing the same problem that I am in this issue. Keep an eye on that one if you are.

Indeed, my remotes do not appear to be completing initialization, despite how frequently I wake them up. I’ll follow that other thread.

I use 2 of the minimotes and they always remain grey no matter what. I just set up my item file to have 8 switches for each short and long press. Then my rule turns the switch to off when it is completed, and the trigger is when the switch changes to on. Let me know if you need the items configuration data.

If I ever get mine running, it’d save me about ten minutes of work so I wouldn’t mind seeing it. :wink:

Switch MM_B1Short “MiniMote Short Button 1” (ZREMOTE) { zwave=“5:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=1, state=1”}
Switch MM_B2Short “MiniMote Short Button 2” (ZREMOTE) { zwave=“5:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=3, state=1”}
Switch MM_B3Short “MiniMote Short Button 3” (ZREMOTE) { zwave=“5:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=5, state=1”}
Switch MM_B4Short “MiniMote Short Button 4” (ZREMOTE) { zwave=“5:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=7, state=1”}

Switch MM_B1Long “MiniMote Long Button 1” (ZREMOTE) { zwave=“5:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=2, state=1”}
Switch MM_B2Long “MiniMote Long Button 2” (ZREMOTE) { zwave=“5:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=4, state=1”}
Switch MM_B3Long “MiniMote Long Button 3” (ZREMOTE) { zwave=“5:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=6, state=1”}
Switch MM_B4Long “MiniMote Long Button 4” (ZREMOTE) { zwave=“5:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=8, state=1”}