TTS: Polly No Sound on Sonos One

Which TTS Service do you use? Perhabs i should just change the service.

I’m using VoiceRSS.

Just hab a look into the Polly docs, if previous TTS requests are cached, they have to bestored somewhere on your system.

Edit: In case of VoiceRSS on raspi with openhabian the cache is at: var/lib/openhab/voicerss/cache

I searched now just for *.mp3 instead of the name in the logs. And now i found the files in this path:

/var/docker/openhab3/userdata/cache/org.openhab.voice.pollytts

I can play the files with the normal media player.
I noticed that the name in the log and the name on the filesystem are different.
Filesystem: a6f39546-7b48-4629-ac34-a47584b6b981.mp3
Log: Vicki_b1fdec37144d030b8b86a612b75dc865.mp3

Just a guess, Vicki is the name of the used voice? I’d say that is of no factor.
I’m out of ideas on your problem.

Edit: is the function to play just a standard sound ( barking.mp3 or doorbell.mp3) working?

Did another check on my system, this time with the channels Fernbedienung and volume linked to items.
Your line: " Item xxx_Fernbedienung changed from PAUSE to UNDEF" seems to indicate the culprit, on my system it changed to PLAY.
A solution is unknown to me, sorry for that.

Did you setup openHAB to use Polly and your desired voice under the menu “Einstellungen " “Sprache”( to be found in the section System Services”)?

Yes i set it up under “Sprache” i tried a new Rule with Blockly and barking.mp3 or doorbell.mp3 it does not work either. Perhabs there is something wrong with the Sonos Add In? I am able to use the Sonos speaker in Openhab like play pause and so on. Perhabs its the blockly rule?

You can try the say or play command from the karaf console. Look into the docs under Configuration Guide Multimedia.

Normally i dont use the Console but i tried this:

but nothing happend. The Log is also empty

The core t usage would have been:
openhab:voice say Hallo Welt

In this case the commands would not print in red :wink:

The other is
openhab:audio play doorbell.mp3

Thanks i looked in the wrong line of the discription. I tried both but nothing happend.
This is the LOG:

2022-01-17 14:54:04.826 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘SonosOneEssen_Titel’ changed from Sweet Talker to 8da20950-fdbd-4d0f-8b59-acdf17f1a6da.mp3

2022-01-17 14:54:04.827 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘SonosOneEssen_Fernbedienung’ changed from PAUSE to UNDEF

2022-01-17 14:54:09.796 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘SonosOneEssen_Titel’ changed from 8da20950-fdbd-4d0f-8b59-acdf17f1a6da.mp3 to Sweet Talker

2022-01-17 14:54:09.796 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘SonosOneEssen_Fernbedienung’ changed from UNDEF to PAUSE

2022-01-17 14:55:05.578 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘SonosOneEssen_Titel’ changed from Sweet Talker to 8b2b4270-a66d-47ba-92e3-0fdb241ee30f.mp3

2022-01-17 14:55:05.578 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘SonosOneEssen_Fernbedienung’ changed from PAUSE to UNDEF

2022-01-17 14:55:10.572 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘SonosOneEssen_Titel’ changed from 8b2b4270-a66d-47ba-92e3-0fdb241ee30f.mp3 to Sweet Talker

2022-01-17 14:55:10.573 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘SonosOneEssen_Fernbedienung’ changed from UNDEF to PAUSE

Do i need to explzit add a Channel for playing the mp3? At the moment i just added this channels:

No, your setup looks good to me. I added the above mentioned items only in order to see the same log-lines as you had.

Could you play one of the standard sounds? ( doorbell or bark)
Other then that I am out of clues.

An additional test would be moving one of the stored tts .mp3 files into the openHAB sounds directory and play it with the audio command from the console. If that plays well the different naming COULD be a cause.

i was not able to play either doorbell or bark :frowning:

I’m out of clues.

Have look here:

1 Like

Great OPUS! Thanks for your persistence!
Yesterday i made a qucik try but i couldn’t finde the place to define the [callbackUrl]. Do i have do write it into the code tab of the Sonos Thing?
I tried it like:
Configuration:
callbackUrl= https://10.10.10.196:8080 but it did not work out.

I had to search as well!
It is on the binding level, goto the bindings, select Sonos and click onto the “Zahnrad” (in English chainwheel???) in the upper right corner.

I hope it helps!

Thanks a lot i will try in this evening!
By the way Zahnrad=gear :laughing:

Hey Wow! Thats it! Now it´s working! Thanks Opus

YOU ARE AWEOSOME!

I made a Video whithe the voice saying thank you. But i wasn´t able to put it into the post. Thanks a lot

1 Like