Turn off my monitor?

Not sure if it belongs here, but I’ve seen videos on YouTube where someone shows they can turn their desk computer monitors on and off or blank them and turn the screen back on visually, but am unsure how you could do this with OpenHAB. Is there some binding or plugin that runs on a PC to do this?

Thanks.

JR

Several ways they might be doing it. I used to have a power strip with a motion sensor that you plugged the monitor into. Any controllable power outler would do, too, so RF or zwave or insteon or whatever.

They could also be asking the computer to blank the screen. That would be OS specific, and easiest just to ask them what they did.

Once you have a way to control the screen - via power control or command line - then you can think about how to get an OH rule set up for it.

These days I just have the pc blank the screen for the screen saver and the monitor goes to sleep.

Are there any Z-Wave or 6-plug strips that have binding support? I can’t seem to find one. Even accessories like TP-Link that have a binding, don’t mention they support the strip itself. US based for reference.

Thanks.

JR

Amazon search for “zwave power strip” found several. With both outlet control and energy monitoring. Pretty neat. Not cheap, though. Probably the easiest solution, though. Plug it in, plug stuff into it, bind to your zwave controller, done.