Turn On/Off pc (win 10) remotely with openHAB

I would share my experience about turn on/off my gaming pc (windows 10) remotely with openHAB. By now I use it daily and is very useful. In the following video I show the final result.

This config is used to simplify lan connection to Nvidia Game Stream, Steam Link or just RDP.

I used:

nice =) I’ll take a look at your Github code

I made something similar some time ago: Put your Windows PC to Sleep or execute anything else with OpenHAB

Felix your work is very interesting. My next step is to run a windows game remotely without waiting in front of the monitor and I’ll get inspiration from your work.
Github code is not mine, I found it surfing.

I thought about that too. Especially starting Grand Theft Auto since it takes forever to load. One problem you might run into is unlocking your PC. I don’t know if it’s possible to start a program with SSH on the Host and let it load while the PC is still locked.
Another problem is probably that it will complain about on what monitor to output when you try start a game via SSH.
I have not looked into this any further. If you have any ideas or solutions make sure to hit me up! :slight_smile:

Hi, I can’t find the Wake on lan binding on openhab3
Is the binding still there?
How can I get the binding?

See documentation for network binding, as wake on lan was integrated there

I don’t fully understand what to do for wake on lan, i have set the device with mac adress and everything but i don’t know what channel to use for wake on lan. Any idea?

You did not read properly. No channel needed, but a rule….

what do i put? I tried adding these

val actions = getActions("network", "network:pingdevice:devicename")
if (actions === null) {
    logInfo("actions", "Actions not found, check thing ID")
    return
} else {
    actions.sendWakeOnLanPacket()
}

onto the code section but didn’t work

Additionaly, check the link posted here