Tuya Binding issue

Hi All

I’m trying to integrate some Smart LED bulbs into openHAB. I’m using the binding developed by
FHannes here from the original work by wvissers here.

Hannes has brought the binding up to 3.1.1 and I have been using his jar with my openHAB 3.3.0 install.

I can bring the bulb in as a Thing which shows “Online” and displays the correct Thing Properties and presents the correct Channels. I can also create Items with appropriate links but I have been unable to get any of the controls to actually control the bulb.

Tuya Device IDs and Encryption keys are all correct and the bulb is controllable from the Tuya app on my phone - although I switch this off when attempting control from openHAB as I have read there can be issues if openHAB and the Tuya app are both linked to the bulb

I have a few of questions

• Does anyone have any experience with Hannes Tuya binding?

• Will a 3.1.1 binding work with 3.3.0?

• Where should I look to find logging hints as to what might be happening as I attempt to control the bulb?

Many thanks in advance for your help
Regards
Ian Carson

Replying to my own question just to say the old adage of RTFM really applies here.

Apologies for newbie question it looks like Tuya things are best controlled with the Tuya-MQTT solution from @Fiftiz and @tsightler.

My tuya-cli installation is successfully sending commands to my v3.3 bulbs so the tuya-mqtt solution should work for me.

I used the tuya app in combination with a free subscribe to their iot environment to get the ids and encryption keys for my devices.