Tuya device is switching status online/offline

You can send a trace level log by PM.

You read my mind! I actually want the Kasa KL135 (1000lumens) but canā€™t seem to get them in Canada. I see now, Amazon.com has them for ~$12.50 on sale. I am trying the Costco ones as a test.

I have tried the Tapo ones with zero success. I could control ONLY the brightness. Nothing else so i returned those.
Craig

Thereā€™s often a delay between Kasa products showing up in the US and here (Iā€™m also in Canada), and Iā€™ve seen some that just never become available. For example, I canā€™t find the EP25 or KP125 energy-monitoring plugs, which is why I picked up some Tuyas.

The Globe is probably closer to a KL125 anyway, so you might just want to go in that direction and then upgrade later. Unless you can get a KL135 from the US.

With Tuya everything is possible. Some devices report ā€œunvalid jsonā€ when they donā€™t understand a command, others just disconnect (which is probably what we see here). I have not seen devices that respond to a DP_QUERY with disconnects, but maybe some firmware versions on some devices do. Iā€™m currently trying to figure out what might work. The problem here is that there are a ton of possible solutions and itā€™s not so easy to try them if you donā€™t have a faulty device.

1 Like

@Pavel @344clinton What is the brand and model of these devices? Maybe I can get them over here, too.

These are mineā€¦

Globe Smart bulbs

Their business model is honestly quite brilliant. They were able to flood the market with devices that are perfectly fine for most consumers, without having to care too much about customer service or Amazon listings.

Heck, if we wanted we could produce a line of ā€œBuilt for openHABā€ Tuya devices. :wink:

2 Likes

This is unfortunate: I bought 4 BTF C01W ā€œWifi & BT LED Controllerā€ units which are Tuya compatible. The tuya smart app works fine. In openhab, they bounce Online (0.1 sec) / Offline (~60 sec). I bought these because they support higher wattage. Sadly they are usable in openhab. I am willing to send logs if that is helpful (tell me how!). The amazon link is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096VP2SMZ

The BTF units are similar looking units to the GLEDOPTO brand wifi RGBW units I bought previously, which are also perfectly functional in the tuya smart app. The GLEDOPTOā€™s work with openhab consistently. These units are at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4V6CWQV/

Hi

I use OH 4.1.1 as a service in W10, with smarthomej Tuya binding. I am trying to link a Tuya RGBW leb bulb with no success, experiencing the same problem mentioned in the first post of this chain. Basically. the thing is continuously switching between ONLINE and OFFLINE, and I haveā€™t managed to get it ONLINE for more than 3 seconds, so I havenā€™t even had the possibility to use any of their channels.

Details:

• I can control the ledbulb with Tuya Smart Android app
  • I can control the ledbuld with Amazon Alexa app
  • I have tried to change the position and distance between the router and the ledbulb
    I have tried to switch off the router and on agian
  • I have ensured that Tuya smart app and/or Alexa app are off when trying to make the tuya thing go online
  • I have removed the thing and rediscovered again, for some times (I had to fill the IP manually)
  • I have provided TRACE level logs by typing log:set TRACE org.smarthomej.binding.tuya and then log:tail and I got a Karaf screen showing a neverending bunch of logs, that never stops. I must recognize that i am not sure of what to do with thisā€¦I have to simply shut karaf to cut it
  • I have tryed to provide different values in polling interval, changing from 0 to different values until 60 seconds, and making combinations with different protocol versions, either 3.1, 3.3 or 34.
  • Checking IOT Tuya Plattform, the device is online and canā€™t be operated by sending instrunctions

I have performed all the actions that are recommended in Tuya Binding, and in the posts of this chain (as far as I can understand them) with no success at all.

Has anybody found some additional solution during the last months??

For sure that I could change the ledbulb to other model ad try, but it is 23W and 2500 Lm, the most powerful dimmable RGBW I have foud since I need the highest as possible luminous flux in the room.

As additional details:

• I have even purchased an Amazon Echo Dot 5 and tried to use either UI or smarthomej Amazon Alexa binding, with no success at all.
  • I have even tried with a different WIFI bulb, a Ledvance brand one, linking Ledvance app with Alexa app. The Alexa OH things simply don`t work at all, either with Tuya or Ledvance bulbs, showing like
    UNKNOWN, either the settings I select in the Amazon Account thing, but this is another topicā€¦

ā€¦or could this be relevant?

Thank you and regards

Diego