Twitter stopped working

I have been using the twitter add on for a couple of months now to send a direct message on status updates. Up until a couple of days ago it was working fine.
I started getting a message in the log file -

2018-09-22 12:25:24.439 [ERROR] [nhab.action.twitter.internal.Twitter] - Failed to send Tweet 'There is someone at the garage door' because of: 404:The URI requested is invalid or the resource requested, such as a user, does not exists. Also returned when the requested format is not supported by the requested method.

message - Sorry, that page does not exist.

code - 34

I unauthorised the app in twitter, deleted twitter.pin and twitter token from /var/lib/openhab2 and un-installed the twitter action via Paper UI. I then reinstalled via Paper UI created a new twitter.pin and successfully authorised the twitter action.
After that I received a different error message

2018-09-22 12:51:38.932 [ERROR] [nhab.action.twitter.internal.Twitter] - Failed to send Tweet 'There is someone at the garage door' because of: 401:Authentication credentials (https://dev.twitter.com/pages/auth) were missing or incorrect. Ensure that you have set valid consumer key/secret, access token/secret, and the system clock is in sync.

After a reboot the message reverts to the original 404 message as above.

I am running openhabian / openhab 2.3.0-1

Contact twitter, there are a number of users affected by a recent issue.

Hello Daniel,

did you find any solution? (I’m having the same problem)

Haven’t had time to look into it further. Was thinking of switching to Telegram

Having the same issue?

Anyone found the solution already?

Sorry, no. I ended up switching to Telegram for notifications

This is still broken:

11:34:50.798 [ERROR] [enhab.action.twitter.internal.Twitter] - Failed to send Tweet ‘Tweet Content’ because of: 404:The URI requested is invalid or the resource requested, such as a user, does not exists. Also returned when the requested format is not supported by the requested method.
message - Sorry, that page does not exist.
code - 34

No one cares?

Defect appears to be in the underlying client.

See https://github.com/Twitter4J/Twitter4J/issues/297

@jpg @Daniel_Cooksey

This is still broken:

Just realized I forgot to mention the usual disclaimer, which is:

If you’re going to post about something you think is broken, you should post a debug log that captures at least one occurrence of it.

Not everyone that might be able to help is actually running binding X (Twitter, in this case).

Thanks @namraccr and fair call on the debug log, I should have posted that. For what it’s worth I’ve got the exact same issue that @Daniel_Cooksey has mentioned.

I ended up swapping to Telegram as this broke while I was travelling for work, and as I’m about to head away I needed another solution. Thanks.