Twitter stopped working

(Daniel Cooksey) #1

I have been using the twitter add on for a couple of months now to send a direct message on status updates. Up until a couple of days ago it was working fine.
I started getting a message in the log file -

2018-09-22 12:25:24.439 [ERROR] [nhab.action.twitter.internal.Twitter] - Failed to send Tweet 'There is someone at the garage door' because of: 404:The URI requested is invalid or the resource requested, such as a user, does not exists. Also returned when the requested format is not supported by the requested method.

message - Sorry, that page does not exist.

code - 34

I unauthorised the app in twitter, deleted twitter.pin and twitter token from /var/lib/openhab2 and un-installed the twitter action via Paper UI. I then reinstalled via Paper UI created a new twitter.pin and successfully authorised the twitter action.
After that I received a different error message

2018-09-22 12:51:38.932 [ERROR] [nhab.action.twitter.internal.Twitter] - Failed to send Tweet 'There is someone at the garage door' because of: 401:Authentication credentials (https://dev.twitter.com/pages/auth) were missing or incorrect. Ensure that you have set valid consumer key/secret, access token/secret, and the system clock is in sync.

After a reboot the message reverts to the original 404 message as above.

I am running openhabian / openhab 2.3.0-1

(Vincent Regaud) #2

Contact twitter, there are a number of users affected by a recent issue.

(Johanna) #3

Hello Daniel,

did you find any solution? (I’m having the same problem)

(Daniel Cooksey) #4

Haven’t had time to look into it further. Was thinking of switching to Telegram

(JStalc) #5

Having the same issue?

Anyone found the solution already?

(Daniel Cooksey) #6

Sorry, no. I ended up switching to Telegram for notifications

(jpg) #7

This is still broken:

11:34:50.798 [ERROR] [enhab.action.twitter.internal.Twitter] - Failed to send Tweet ‘Tweet Content’ because of: 404:The URI requested is invalid or the resource requested, such as a user, does not exists. Also returned when the requested format is not supported by the requested method.
message - Sorry, that page does not exist.
code - 34

No one cares?

(namraccr) #8

Defect appears to be in the underlying client.

See https://github.com/Twitter4J/Twitter4J/issues/297

(namraccr) #9

@jpg @Daniel_Cooksey

This is still broken:

Just realized I forgot to mention the usual disclaimer, which is:

If you’re going to post about something you think is broken, you should post a debug log that captures at least one occurrence of it.

Not everyone that might be able to help is actually running binding X (Twitter, in this case).

(jpg) #10

Thanks @namraccr and fair call on the debug log, I should have posted that. For what it’s worth I’ve got the exact same issue that @Daniel_Cooksey has mentioned.

I ended up swapping to Telegram as this broke while I was travelling for work, and as I’m about to head away I needed another solution. Thanks.