Two Dimmer Items

Hello,

I have a room with two dimmer lights. I try to configure the items in the following way:

Dimmer EG_Kitchen_clining_light “Deckenlampe” (EG_Kitchen) { knx=“15/3/20+15/3/20, 15/3/21, 15/3/22” }
Dimmer EG_Kitchen_table_light “Tischlampe” (EG_Kitchen) { knx=“15/3/20+15/3/20, 15/3/21, 15/3/22” }

If I use both definitions it doesn’t work. I can not open the Kitchen in the web interface any more. If I use only one of them it works fine. What could be the problem or the solution?

THX

Michael

I take it your using 1.8, if that is the case there is not fix yet other then just using one.

Thank you for the really fast reply!!!
Yes I’am using 1.8.
Is there an Bug/Issue Tracker so that I can open a new request?

THX

Michael

Don’t know if this is the same issue or not: https://github.com/openhab/openhab/issues/2900 What do you see when you use chrome and press i and look at the console?

I have a solution for the problem. I have to provide a place holder for the percent value in the lable string like so:

Dimmer EG_Kitchen_clining_light “Deckenlampe [%s]” (EG_Kitchen) { knx=“15/3/20+16/3/20, 15/3/21, 15/3/22” }
Dimmer EG_Kitchen_table_light “Tischlampe [%s]” (EG_Kitchen) { knx=“15/3/23+16/3/23, 15/3/24, 15/3/25” }

If I do so the two dimmers showing up in the EG_Kitchen Group

THX

Michael

Not a KNX guy, but it looks like the binding strings are IDENTICAL. Getting individual device addressability with identical binding strings seems like it requires a form of magic. Then again, not a KNX guy.

This was just an example so I don’t use real KNX group addresses. In my real config they are diffrent. I will change the values so it does not confuse any more

THX

Michael

The workaround is adding the [%s] to the string. Instead of “foo”, use “foo [%s]”