Two serial drivers? Is this normal?

Hi All

Noticed this on 2.4 stable, is this normal?

265 │ Active   │  80 │ 3.14.0                 │ nrjavaserial
266 │ Active   │  80 │ 3.15.0.OH2             │ nrjavaserial

Thanks

I wouldn’t have thought so, but I see the same here:

openhab> bundle:list | grep -i javaserial                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
200 │ Active   │  80 │ 3.14.0                 │ nrjavaserial
201 │ Active   │  80 │ 3.15.0.OH2             │ nrjavaserial

I haven’t experienced any problems (that I am aware of) with any of the installed bindings that use a serial connection.

1 Like

Thanks Scott. I’ve removed the 265 bundle anyway and see. I’m having a raft of Zwave issues, ill try anything

I poked around in my local, up-to-date copies of the various openhab and ESH repositories. It looks like karaf has a dependency on nrjavaserial-3.14.0:

[scott@frisbee-ii smarthome (master)]$ find . -type f -exec fgrep -H nrjavaserial '{}' \;
./targetplatform/smarthome.target:<unit id="com.neuronrobotics.nrjavaserial" version="0.0.0"/>
./extensions/binding/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.bluetooth.bluegiga.test/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.bluetooth.bluegiga.test.launch:<setEntry value="nrjavaserial:default"/>
./extensions/binding/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.bluetooth.test/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.bluetooth.test.launch:<setEntry value="nrjavaserial:default"/>
./features/karaf/esh-tp/src/main/feature/feature.xml:    <bundle>mvn:com.neuronrobotics/nrjavaserial/3.14.0</bundle>

Well ive uninstalled it so ill guess Ill see what explodes, it can’t get any worse to be honest. Im near giving up on this!

:bomb: