Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

device? is there perchance also something for wiredClient in the works? This would solve a major pain point for me.

There’s also a wiredClient in the works :wink:

Just want to get this blocked / reconnect PR merged (with all the internal API refactoring) and then come the new things!

1 Like

Guys I have a problem with the Binding. OH #1525 (openhabian).

I’ve just downgraded from #1526, and the Binding stops working. Now the Controller is in “UNINITIALIZED” status. All the configuration is the same as before. The release of the Controller is 4.4.36.5146617.

my unifi.things is:

Bridge unifi:controller:home "UniFi Controller" [ host="192.168.100.253", port=8443, username="openhab", password="xxxxxxx", refresh=10 ] {
	Thing wirelessClient andreaPhone "Andrea's iPhone 6" [ cid="20:3c:ae:d6:1a:c1", site="Home", considerHome=180 ]
    Thing wirelessClient catePhone "Caty's iPhone 6S" [ cid="48:3b:38:60:c7:86", site="Home", considerHome=180 ]
}

Any suggestion how to fix it?
Thanks

Andrea

SOLVED removing the things file, then re-adding

1 Like

Hey guys, any feedback on the latest version of the binding?

with logging:

openhab> bundle:list | grep -i unifi
253 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.5.0.201902201715     │ UniFi Binding

without logging:

openhab> bundle:list | grep -i unifi
254 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.5.0.201902201606     │ UniFi Binding

I’m running the one with logging. Have not seen any issues.

There is a new feature request in the forums:

Just thought it best to raise awareness…

Just to be sure I understand this correctly, he’s wanting to enable / disable SSIDs.

Off the top of my head, this might make sense to be a child / associated under a “site” since that’s where the SSIDs are assigned in the controller.

I know there are dynamic channels, but I’d have to look more into those.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

A little improvement to the docs, now that the binding is in master:

I just pushed the refactoring changes to @scurb’s PR.

Once these changes get merged, I’m going to release a beta version for testing of site and wiredClient things :smiley:

2 Likes

What I am looking for is to have the same DateTime information for uptime then for last seen. I want to achive a view where I see with date and time when a person came home or left home. Has this already been mentioned somewhere? I did not find it and it seems that I am to stupid to create a working rule by myself.

Thank your for your help

Markus

The uptime channel gets reset to 0 whenever a client is marked as away and then starts incrementing once a client returns home.

So you could accomplish this with 2 extra items and 2 rules…

DateTime MatthewsPhoneAwayAt
DateTime MatthewsPhoneHomeAt
rule "Matthew has left the building"
when 
  Item MatthewsPhoneUptime changed to 0
then
  MatthewsPhoneAwayAt.postUpdate(MatthewsPhoneLastSeen.state)
end

rule "Matthew has returned"
when
  Item MatthewsPhoneUptime changed from 0
then
  MatthewsPhoneHomeAt.postUpdate(MatthewsPhoneLastSeen.state)
end

At least I think this will work :see_no_evil:

As promised, here’s phase 1 …

We now have a site thing with the following channels:

• totalClients
  • wirelessClients
  • wiredClients
  • guestClients

Please update to the latest build: org.openhab.binding.unifi-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

See the updated README

As always, please report back here - even if everything works!

1 Like

hmm… not getting any numbers on the new channels on site:

It’s fixed now :man_facepalming:

org.openhab.binding.unifi-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Now phase 2 …

We finally have a wiredClient thing :tada:

org.openhab.binding.unifi-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

See the updated README for the available channels

Let me know how it works for you!

2 Likes

Looking good here, all working fine :grinning:

I just installed the ltest version of the binding and have a problem (same problem when installed through paperui, that’s why I tried this one).

Seems that accented characters causes problems somehow, i have an ‘ä’ in my password, and get a OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR Invalid username and/or password - please double-check your configuration error on the thing.

The same password works just fine when logging in to the controller otherwise, so the controller supports it.

I have tried configuring both through paperui and .things-file, but same result.

1 Like

Maybe replace ä with ae :see_no_evil:

I will try and reproduce this and see if it’s something I can fix in the binding.

Of course that’s the easy solution, and I have already changed my password, just thought I should let you know :wink: