Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

:crazy_face:

Don’t I suddenly feel very foolish.

I’ve been looking for Ubiquity, rather than Unfi

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction

Atleast you got the “U” right :laughing:

It was a start…

Hi everyone,

i’m quite new to this but i hope you can help me out.

Regarding the uptime channel: Instead of simply converting the payload (seconds) into h:m:s would it be possible to show the actual time the client went online? So it should look like this: "Online since 9:23pm

Cheers

I would like that more than Uptime - less updates :slight_smile:

Are there any plans to implement support for wired devices?

I’ve just got the block/unblock function working for my kids wireless devices (and you can bet that they are happy :slight_smile:…) But I still have their stationary computers and PS4 on the todo block list.

I’m planning to replace my existing 24 port switch for a POE version, and if I would get Unifi model then maybe I could use the same block setup. But that obviously depends on the wired support. So anybody has any updates on this?

BTW, I had some problems getting the block/unblock to work for a group of devices, but got it working with this, for you that maybe run into the same issues.

This is working great for my prescence detection where I know the devices to watch - e.g. I can get the access point that my family’s devices are connected to as I can create a wirelessClient for them.

What I was wondering, is if it would be possible to get a count of devices connected to a specific access point AND to a specific network?

To give a use case, I run a “guest” network, which visitors connect to, I would like to know how many devices are connected to the “guest” network via the “kitchen” access point to determine if any guests are in the kitchen.

Does this sound possible in future developments?

Thanks for all the work on this :slight_smile:

Hey guys, hope everybody is doing well and looking forward to the upcoming holiday season :slight_smile:

Just an update, I have not forgotten about this binding, it’s just been hectic as ever. The rack for my server room finally showed up yesterday and I’m in the process of racking all the new equipment. Very soon I’m going to pick development back up I promise!

I will report back very soon!

Matthew

3 Likes

Let’s see some pics of the rack once you get it built. I did one for my reno project a couple years ago, and I’m really glad I did it. Made life so much easier. Problem is that I should’ve gone for the next size bigger because I’m about out of space. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Here is a very crude WIP pic :see_no_evil:

That PoE switch (that’s mainly connected in the pic) has an ERPoe5 on top which used to be all on the floor. Now the fun part of installing all the patch panels and getting all the new equipment hooked up :slight_smile:

There are 12 Ubiquiti products in this pic… can you find 'em all?

1 Like

Sure :smiley: (Almost… I found 9. I cant see what the white top device is).
And there is something behind you´re NUC… Could be an PoE adaptor or something simular.

Why do you have all the connectors inbetween the blue and the yellow (and red) cables?

So I’m counting CKG2+ and its rack mount accessory as 2 products. If you’re referring to the first U, the white device with antennas is the ISP connection (it’s a prosumer wifi router setup in bridge mode).

The blue cables are going to be re-routed through the rack and become patch panels in the next few days (first batch tomorrow). I just had to “move” my temporary network off the floor and into the rack so I could at least have a working network for this evening :rofl:

Ahh okay… Yeah the white device sure looked like a router.

So the silver connectors fits directly into the new patch panel. Or will you have to cut the connector of the blue cables ?

Keystone ftw!

Ofcouse… The you´ll have aprox 1/2 working hour left :smiley:

A rack becomes too small the moment you put it on the wall. This seems to be a law of nature :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah, where were you with that information two years ago. LOL

My UPS doesn’t work with my standby generator. Design mistake on my part. Problem is the UPS that’ll work with the generator is 2U and the one that needs to be replaced is 1U. Ugh. Will entail moving almost everything in the rack to make enough room. At that point I’ll be completely out of space. I guess that means no more new toys. :thinking:

Someone should invent inflatable server racks. And, to mount them, inflatable server rooms. And to have those rooms, inflatable houses…

One always needs more new toys :grin:

1 Like

Next time you need a rack… Build a new house next to your main house, and use it as a rack :laughing:

1 Like

Hi,

I had the same a couple of month ago. I solved it by updating the controller to the latest version.

Kurt