Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

Next time you need a rack… Build a new house next to your main house, and use it as a rack :laughing:

1 Like

Hi,

I had the same a couple of month ago. I solved it by updating the controller to the latest version.

Kurt

Hi,

I’m wondering if anybody was able to get this working. I have an OH2 installation and just upgraded the unifi controller to the latest fw. But I’m not able to block or reconnect any device. The log says only “predicted to become NULL”…

Denis

Hi,
I have an issue with the unifi binding. The households cell phones are always shown as online, even if they are not in the wifi anymore. The last seen variable shows a correct value, however, the phones are online forever. I have the default value of 180 seconds for the “consider home interval” set up. I also remember that the bindung was working very well after I had it installed some months ago. I did updates to the unifi controller which is running on a RPi3B in the meantime as well as to openhab and its bindings (I’m on the most recent snapshot). Any idea what could have caused this?
Thanks Ben

Hey Ben,

Are they Apple phones?

If so, I have the same issue and I’m running the 2.4 version of the binding. The Apple phones take about 20+ minutes to fall off Unifi for whatever reason?

The Android devices work perfectly for me . . .

FYI, I’m running the latest Unifi Controller and firmware.

Best, Jay

Hi Jay,

its actually both. But also the android phones are not shown as away even after hours. But it did work perfectly in the past…

Hi,

Running OpenHab 2.5RC1 and the matching Unifi Binding.
I have not made any changes to the Thing or Item config since 2.4.
I am seeing a number of errors in the log like this:

2019-12-12 09:55:01.054 [WARN ] [rnal.handler.UniFiClientThingHandler] - Ignoring unsupported command = OFF for channel = unifi:wirelessClient:home:iPhone:online

When these errors are occurring the “online/offline” channel does not seem to get updated.

Restarting OpenHab seems to resolve the issue sometimes.

Is this is a known issue?
Happy to provide anything I can to help.

Hi, even that I don’t see this warning, my online/offline switch is not updated. I have reverted to the network binding for now to keep the presence state current.
I have also reinstalled the whole system (due to other issues) but this one mentioned here is still there. I’m on the latest snapshot release, latest unifi controller, and textual configuration for things and items.

Is it possible to implement a guest wlan qr code - which change every 24 hours or something like that ? would like to show something in my sitemap.

Just updated to openHAB 2.5.0. I do not have the UniFiClientThingHandler exceptions in openhab.log, but the online state of my things also is not being updated anymore.
This is a deal-breaker for me regarding openHAB 2.5.0.

I have seen this error on 2.4 also popup from time to time, but never had any issues.
Now I am running 2.5 and still everything is working perfectly fine. I wouldn’t mind sharing my config if need

Got the same issue while updating to 2.5.
Fixed it by refreshing my unifi.items once

Explain please… How do you refresh items?
It sound more like a reboot would solve it as well.

Open your unifi item file and do a change to it. Adding a space somewhere is already sufficient in order to save the file again. Spectate the logs and you will notice that the item file will be reloaded/refreshed.

Not sure but I had to this every time once I updated openHAB with all my item files.

Reboot might be sufficient as well. Haven’t confirmed this as the above is working well for me on each update.

Restart of openHAB did not fix it for me.
I have the Unifi items defined in PaperUI. I already tried opening and saving an item and that did not help.
I can try recreating the thing and the item.

I have 2.5.0 set up and I have a relatively extensive Unifi set up without any issue. I highly doubt it’s a specific Unifi binding problem since several others also have successfully upgraded to 2.5.0 without issue.

I have found that for every upgrade (snapshot or stable), I have to clear the cache/tmp folders and restart OH twice (completely) before I see stability. I have no idea why the 2 restarts but it seems to work.

I had the same issue and my bridge was showing offline. I just changed it from the DNS local name I added on my router to the FQDN.

Check the status of your bridge thing. Try just making a change in the hostname field.

My Controller/Bridge is online. Everything is configured in PaperUI.
So I have changed the label of the item, the refresh rate of the thing, the user of the Controller (and back).
I have deleted the thing and re-created it.
Nothing changed. The online state (and also the last seen) is not being updated anymore since 2.5.0.

Edit:
Found the cause. I was using the device alias. When I use the MAC address, it works.
This is a bug for 2.5.0, because it worked in 2.4.0.
While testing, I also noticed, when I create a Unifi thing and do not select the bridge, I have to delete and create the thing to make it work. Editing and choosing ther bridge later does not make it work.
So, these are 2 bugs. Shall I create issues in Githab or is the maintainer reading here?

Well, I now also start to get these problems that my online presence was not updated correctly. Was working very reliably before.

It sporadically starts working again sometimes, strange

Since updating to 2.5.0 I am also not seeing updates from my UniFi controller. I have cleared tmp & cache & restarted several times with no change. I have removed all things & re added but it made no difference. Was working well on 2.4.0.

I have just uninstalled from Paper UI & installed it manually from https://jenkins.otr.mx/job/openhab2-unifi-binding/ & so far it is working again.

Will report back if anything changes!

1 Like