Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

What do you mean?

This binding is engineered to be “read only”. It simply pulls data from the Unifi Controller on a predefined period.
It does not modify the settings of the Unifi Controller software.
You could also create a new User with Read Only role on the Unifi Controller software to be used for this binding to connect and pull info.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I setup the Unifi binding and all the items are shown in the sitemap correctly except LastSeen. The log says

2018-02-01 19:32:47.619 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'PhoneLastSeen' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
2018-02-01 19:32:47.627 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text

Any idea what could be the issue?

a typo either in your sitemap or items file
post them so we can check them. Some log entries alone do not show the full picture :slight_smile:

I just to express my gratitude, thanks for this lovely piece of software. Please keep up the good work!

Any Updates on this Add-On?
I am currently on the Way to implement my presence functionality and a unifi adapter would mke it mor easy.

I use it for presence for a couple of months now and it works just fine, was simple to install and configure… What type of update would you like?

Hi guys I was hoping you could shorten my research time a little. I have been messing with OH for a week or so on and off and running it locally on my PC. I wanted to see if I was capable of using it before I ordered the equipment. I installed the unifi binding and have everything working but the APs aren’t showing any status updates on the control page. I’ve added things that were in the default binding, I’ll have a look at the config file I just used what was on the forum. Is there something I should be looking at in the config file to rectify this? I am planning on going through the thread tomorrow but thought I may save a little time asking here.

Thanks for any input this community is pretty good and I am enjoying the learning experience with OH2.

Jared

I am new to OpenHAB, but i would expect to find the Binding in Papaer UI repo.
But now i can’t see it.

So how can i install the Binding?

See this post : Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion for the file to be downloaded and this post for how to install it : Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Is there also an official release planned?
I mean, that’s what the repository is made for.

I think @mgbowman has been tied up in other parts of his life unrelated to him contributing his spare time developing this binding. It happens to all of us from time to time. :wink:

@mgbowman - I just wanted to say thank you for creating this - I know we never create these for the thanks but it’s always great to get a nod when some work you do is being used and appreciated!

Hey all! I’m really glad you guys find this binding useful.

As @mhilbush said, I’m super busy with the construction of my house. The electrical (read: automation) stages have been stressful to say the least. I know there’s been some requests for new features but I simply don’t have the time right now. Things will start to settle down in a few weeks and I’ll be able to at least push this into OH2 master so that if others want to contribute they can.

Stay Calm and Keep Automating!

5 Likes

I know further development is delayed, however, this would be awesome! It’s exactly why I was seeking a UniFi binding.

This feature along with support for enabling / disabling PoE ports on UniFi switches are required for me to realize my home automation plans. One way or another, both of these features will make it into the binding :wink:

2 Likes

I had some free time today so I decided to git my local repo inline with master, rebase my work and squash my commits.

I’ve finally opened a PR #3387

4 Likes

Hey guys, per @Kai’s request I switched the JSON implementation from Jackson to GSON. I forked a new branch for this so we can test it before I push it into the pull request.

Can you guys test this build and report if it works or not? Please let me know either way.

openhab2-unifi-binding-gson:org.openhab.binding.unifi-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
(the latest build includes the Gson changes)

Thanks!

Hi @mgbowman !

I just tested UniFi Binding v2.3.0.201803241438 on OH2.3 S1240 and so far so good (presence rules work fine)

A little late getting to this… I’ve been running in 2 locations for several days now without any issues.