Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

I’m having this same error in my log file as well. What do you mean by OH update?

Upgrade OH to the latest milestone version (M5 was released just a few days ago)

As @pacive mentioned, I was talking about openhab update. I was on 3.1 stable, an update to 3.2 Milestone (M4 in my case) solved the issue.

I have the same 404 error using the release version of 3.2 …

me too in 3.2

I too have the same error 404 now… I just changed my network from CK1 to CK2+ with the same IP. I would assume this would work without changing the thing setup, but thats not the case.

I´m on openhab 3.2 (latest version).

Any ideas?

Give the version on Marketplace a try. Works fine for me with UDM(Pro)

Same issue, error 404

A quick search on internet suggests the port changed from 8443 to 443. Could that be the problem?

1 Like

Yes, cloudkey 2 seems to be based on UniFi-os, so settings for this should do the trick

Ahh, thats the one combination I havn´t tried :laughing: Will give it a try later tonight when I get back home… Thanks for reminding me!

EDIT.
Just tested, and it works like a charme… Thx alot Hilbrand!

Hello

is the current version of this binding already included in the 3.3 m2 build?

regards

jonas

If you mean the version available in the marketplace than the answer is no.

Hey guys. I have a question about how to fix a behavior I’m seeing.

As I move around the house, it seems that whenever my phone (Google Pixel 6 Pro) attaches to a different AP, the binding shows me offline for a few minutes.

In the log snippet below, you can see a few polling intervals where there’s no entry for my phone (other than the insights). The timing of those polls seems to coincide with when the phone goes offline.

Has anyone else experienced this? And, if so, how did you fix it? Is it something that can be resolved by tweaking the “consider home interval”?

I’m on Unifi Controller version 7.0.25

U7LR', site: UniFiSite{name: 'default', desc: 'Michigan'}}, experience: 99}
 - UniFiClient{id: '6243aad130316207bcf3b7e8', mac: 'dc:e5:aa:bb:cc:dd', ip: 'null', hostname: 'pixel-6-pro', alias: 'mark's pixel 6 pro', wired: false, guest: false, blocked: false, device: null, experience: null}
 - UniFiClient{id: '6243aad130316207bcf3b7e8', mac: 'dc:e5:aa:bb:cc:dd', ip: '192.168.X.Y', hostname: 'pixel-6-pro', alias: 'mark's pixel 6 pro', wired: false, guest: false, blocked: false, device: UniFiDevice{mac: '44:d9:e7:f6:3d:f2', name: 'ap3 - LL - Rec Room', model: '
 - UniFiClient{id: '6243aad130316207bcf3b7e8', mac: 'dc:e5:aa:bb:cc:dd', ip: 'null', hostname: 'pixel-6-pro', alias: 'mark's pixel 6 pro', wired: false, guest: false, blocked: false, device: null, experience: null}
 - UniFiClient{id: '6243aad130316207bcf3b7e8', mac: 'dc:e5:aa:bb:cc:dd', ip: '192.168.X.Y', hostname: 'pixel-6-pro', alias: 'mark's pixel 6 pro', wired: false, guest: false, blocked: false, device: UniFiDevice{mac: '44:d9:e7:f6:3d:f2', name: 'ap3 - LL - Rec Room', model: '
 - UniFiClient{id: '6243aad130316207bcf3b7e8', mac: 'dc:e5:aa:bb:cc:dd', ip: '192.168.X.Y', hostname: 'pixel-6-pro', alias: 'mark's pixel 6 pro', wired: false, guest: false, blocked: false, device: UniFiDevice{mac: '44:d9:e7:02:28:00', name: 'ap1 - ML - Living Room', model
: 'U7LR', site: UniFiSite{name: 'default', desc: 'Michigan'}}, experience: 98}
 - UniFiClient{id: '6243aad130316207bcf3b7e8', mac: 'dc:e5:aa:bb:cc:dd', ip: '192.168.X.Y', hostname: 'pixel-6-pro', alias: 'mark's pixel 6 pro', wired: false, guest: false, blocked: false, device: UniFiDevice{mac: '44:d9:e7:02:28:00', name: 'ap1 - ML - Living Room', model

Hi Mark.
What is your considering home interval? Mine is 180sec. I have several wall-mounted tablets in the house with habpanel showing the who’s home widget. I never recognized that any of the icons of our phones suddenly disappeared yet. But if the phone goes offline shorter than the considering home time, it seems clear that I wouldn’t recognize by the widget even one of the phones goes offline…

Therefore, I double-checked the logs and there are several entries like that one:

2022-04-08 18:05:09.888 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'SaschaPhone_AccessPoint' changed from AP_Wohnen to AP_Garage

But there is no entry before / after those ones which shows the phone goes offline, even not for a short time. The online status is tracked also as it is an item, example:

Item 'SaschaPhone_Online' changed from OFF to ON

To sum up, it seems to be not the normal behavior what you are facing.

Thanks for the feedback, Sascha.

Mine was set to the default of 180 sec. But after I wrote this post (about 3 days ago) I changed it to 360 sec, and I haven’t seen my phone go offline since (other than when I legitimately left the house). Yet, it has changed APs nearly 2 dozen times since then.

I’ll let it go a few more days. If it remains stable, I’ll change all the phones to 360 sec.

1 Like

I have a completely non-functioning Unifi bridge (showing ERROR:CONFIG) and believe it’s issues with my bridge definition. I suspect I am not pointing to the correct host.

Bridge unifi:controller:home "Unifi Controller" [ host="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", port=8443, unifios=false, username="user", password="password", refresh=10 ] {

I first tried the UDM-Pro’s WAN address and got no response. I then tried the Gateway IP corresponding to the network my OpenHAB server resides (eg. if my Gateway IP/subnet was 123.123.123.2/24, I entered 123.123.123.2). Again I’m thinking I’m just needing the correct host IP?
Also, if I’m running on a UDM-Pro, shouldn’t unifios=true?
Thanks for your help!

Hi there,
I just played around with my UDM SE & OpenHAB. At least I got the connection going by using port 443 instead of 8443…

Hope this helps (even though I’m late with this answer)…

This has been requested a long time ago. I ran into the same thing I wanted for myself, so implemented it.

I have a version of the binding (still on 3.4 and based on the 3.4 release code) that allows you to requests creation of new vouchers and show the first currently available voucher for the guest network. You can download the jar file here.
I have the modified code on my github page (with updated documentation) here.

I would be happy to get some feedback. In due time, I will move the code to 4.0 and create a PR.

3 Likes

Hi guys,
I am using the PoE mode (auto, off) at my US-24-250 to completely switch off my Unifi PoE cameras. Changing the PoE mode at one port leads to the switch is getting ready in Unifi controller for ~10-15sec and then shows adopted again. I guess the switch is somehow restarting or something like that in order to physically power of PoE for that port. During this time no further command can be send to the switch. That means I setup several 20sec-timers changing port by port to cover the “getting ready time”. The same is required for enabling / disabling PoE (switch item).

I am wondering if it is possible to somehow cumulate the port-commands which means the switch will change all ports togehter and “restart” only once instead change port by port with 5 timers every 20 seconds in between?

Regards,
wosch