Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

No its not possible to accumulate the port commands. Technically it would be possible because the update of the ports sends all data on all ports. An option could be to enhance the binding. An option could be to add a configuration option to the port thing to not send the commands directly but queue them first (property would be something like queueCommands=true. The PoE thing handler will than also get a command channel (something like sendCommands) that sends all commands on the queue in one call. If you also want to also send individual command directly you can create 2 things, one which triggers on queue, and one thing that works directly. (it probably also needs to have to time-to-life for the queue, to not clog the queue). Would something like that work. Best is if you can create an issue on openHAB addons GitHub to discuss details.

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I have a question about the logging above.
The ip, hostname and alias for each client are listed here. So itā€™s available!
Canā€™t that be published as a channel for each client?
The background to the question is following.
I would like to create a list of all my clients by a list of all my internal IP addresses ( 192.168.178.1 ff)
if an host or alias name is then returned, I can display this client via the visibility parameter in my sitemap.
Or is there a simpler solution for this?
Regards BitBroker

Not sure what you want to do. For clients ipAddress is a channel on the client thing. But you need to create a thing for each client to use this.

Itā€™s so simple :wink:
I have a guest account in my Wifi home and I have an IP range of 20 addresses configured for this.
I donā€™t know the MAC address by name of my wireless clients.
So I create 20 things for the 20 IP addresses, thatā€™s clear!
But then of course I would like to get the name or alias of this corresponding IP address and that is currently not possible. For this, the binding for the corresponding things would have to supply these channels ā€¦
Therefore the question whether the binding offers possibilities for this or whether this can possibly be extended to the binding?

Iā€™ve updated the UniFi binding in the marketplace with added channels name and hostname to the client things. If you have created the things in the ui, you need to recreate the things to get the new channels.

That sounds great.
I will try it

I canā€™t install :frowning:
I got the following openhab.log warning
ā€œReinstalling missing marketplace bundle: marketplace:131156ā€
and when I want to install
ā€œInstallation of add-on marketplace:131156 failedā€

Stop, new Info! I got the error, but the binding is installed and run well.
I donā€™t know why ??
And when I will add a thing, I see always two same thing type ?!?

Do you still have the official binding installed? And what version of openHAB do you run? It looks like uninstalling didnā€™t work go well, and it still has a version running. If you still see this issue, you could try restarting openHAB (although I would think that should not be needed).

Itā€™s a little bit stupid.
When Iā€™m looking the installed binding, no Unifi binging is installed
BUT all my Unifi Things are running well with the new Channels of your latest version ā€¦
I dontā€™t understood but it seems, the new binding is installed but not listend in the binding list.
I restart OpenHAB more than one and I clear the cache.
Donā€™t know whatā€™s my fault is.
Have I to do a special way to uninstall the binding, delete the addon folder, add your *.jar file and to install the new one?
When I look with the consol command bundle:list I see
154 ā”‚ Active ā”‚ 80 ā”‚ 4.0.0.202301250806 ā”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: UniFi Binding

If you put a binding manually in the addons directory it wonā€™t show up in the bindings list. But should show up when you go to things, click the plus to add a new thing. But you should be able to install the binding via the openHAB marketplace instead of putting the binding in the addons directory.

Hi Hilbrand,
I installed it - now correctly from the marketplace - and ran some tests.
Many works perfectly, but some have rather unexpected or errors?
Example:
I have created a wired and a wireless thing for the IP 192.168.178.41 (my daughterā€™s cell phone)
This are some items of them in my sitemap

Frame label="192.168.178.41"					visibility=[Unifi_wireC041_MacAddr!=UNDEF]
		{
			Default		item=Unifi_wireC041_MacAddr		label="MAC Address"
			Default		item=Unifi_wireC041_Name		label="Name"		visibility=[Unifi_wireC041_Name!=NULL]
			Default		item=Unifi_wireC041_HName		label="HostName"	visibility=[Unifi_wireC041_Name==NULL]
		}
		Frame label="192.168.178.41"					visibility=[Unifi_wifiC041_MacAddr!=UNDEF]
		{
			Default		item=Unifi_wifiC041_MacAddr		label="MAC Address"
			Default		item=Unifi_wifiC041_Name		label="Name"		visibility=[Unifi_wifiC041_Name!=NULL]
			Default		item=Unifi_wifiC041_HName		label="HostName"	visibility=[Unifi_wifiC041_Name==NULL]
		}

and the result is

• I see always ALL wireless clients also as a wired client ?!
  • after one seeing the cell phone the client is never gone

Iā€™ve also played with the state and tried other combinations. The result always remains the same, no matter which items and parameters I tried.
You can experiment a little yourself, but in any case your binding is really great. Thanks a lot for this.

Technically a wired an wireless thing are the same. Thus if you manually create a wired and wireless thing they will both be updated with data even if the device itself is another type. So a wireless thing will be updated with data if the device is a wired device.

But the wireless things have additional channels that are not present in the wired channel. These are only set when the device is wireless. (At this moment the wired thing has no channels that are not present in the wireless channels). Therefor you might be able to check the state of these wireless channels to distinguishes between wired/wireless. For example use the AP channel: If mac != null and RSSI is set, itā€™s wireless, if mac != null and RSSI is undef itā€™s likely wired.

Do you need these 2 things? You could also just create a wireless thing and use that to display data also for when the device is wired. You could add a specific wireless channel to see if itā€™s a wired or wireless device.

Iā€™m learned something again, thank you :wink:

It works, but interestingly the RSSI always shows 1970-01-01T01:00:47.000+0100

RSSI is not a date :wink: But the received signal strength indicator (RSSI) of the client.

You are true, itā€™s a number :-/

Hi, what is the preffered way to stop a Ć¼ ifi WiFi access point uap pro from sending radiation by night? Can i do this with switch off all wifis with the binding or do i have to power off the poe port - the hard way?

The latter is the safe option. Afaik it is however not enough to simply switch off all wifi networks. There is however a third option: the UniFi controller allows you to ā€ždisableā€œ a device completely which should shut down the radio function completely. I use this function however I did not test if there really is no radiation emitted after that.

Afaik the binding does not allow the disabling of APā€˜s yet. I use this API implementation to do this (via exec binding):

First of all, sorry for my very late reply. What you are proposing would be absolutely great. Iā€™ve created a feature request. Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

After using this nice binding for a long time my observation is the refresh or update of the wired and wireless things are not correct or will going freeze or whatever ???

i.e. after connecting the cellfone from my daughter, I see it in the wired and wireless things and it will never gone without restart openhab.

Is the refreshing not correct or so?
It seems it is only working correct at first start ā€¦