Unable to access UI

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Intel Core i7-113770H 4.25Ghz 40GB RAM
    • Java Runtime Environment: Docker Image
    • openHAB version: 3.4.1
  • Issue of the topic: I had OpenHAB running for a couple of weeks, then a couple days ago I noticed that in historical graphs of items like Temperature, were just a straight line. It seemed the values were current, so I assumed persistence wasn’t working for some reason. So I simply restarted the docker container. After the restart finished, I was no longer able to access the web interface (connection refused). I can still connect to the shell through docker, and run commands, but not sure what I should be looking for as to why the web ui wasn’t working anymore.

I’m not sure where I should begin troubleshooting this issue. Any guidance is appreciated.

Your first place to look is for errors in the logs.

I looked in /openhab/userdata/logs and don’t see anything of significance.

Audit log is empty.

Events log lists various state changes from various things/sensors.

Openhab log has this near the top which is only a WARN, but doesn’t lead me to much

2023-02-04 14:14:08.156 [WARN ] [community.CommunityKarafAddonHandler] - Failed reinstalling add-on from cache
org.openhab.core.addon.marketplace.MarketplaceHandlerException: The local cache folder doesn't contain a single file: /openhab/userdata/marketplace/kar/132989

Are there any logs anywhere else I should be looking at?

Is Windows Antivirus software blocking the access to the web UI ?

That was a good idea, considering Windows had updated recently. But I did not see anything in firewall or av settings, and event viewer didn’t indicate anything either.

So, since OpenHAB seemed to be working, I moved onto looking at Docker. I’m still a newbie with Docker, so learning how it all works. After finding some commands to check it’s networking state, it didn’t seem like Docker was actually properly configured, even though it had been working.

So, I checked a couple more things, and then just ran Docker compose, and the container came up and now OpenHAB is working and I’m able to connect to it.

So, turns out it was a Docker problem, not a OpenHAB problem, though I’m not sure what the Docker problem is/was. Thanks for the help!

1 Like