Unable to install Modbus binding

Hi All, i’m currently unable to install the Modbus binding. I’m running OH 2.5.2 on my Synology Diskstaion (2.5.2 is the latest install package available).

I see this in the log when i try to install Modbus binding:

2020-09-30 21:49:17.120 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-modbus, openhab-persistence-mapdb': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-modbus; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.2,2.5.2]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-modbus)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.2)(version<=2.5.2))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-modbus/2.5.2: missing requirement [openhab-binding-modbus/2.5.2] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-transport-modbus; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-transport-modbus/2.5.2: missing requirement [openhab-transport-modbus/2.5.2] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.9,2.5.9]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.io.transport.modbus/2.5.9: missing requirement [org.openhab.io.transport.modbus/2.5.9] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.commons.pool2)(version>=2.8.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]]

FYI: I had it installed previously, but had issue with my OH install (rrd4j persistance kept stopping), so i uninstalled and reinstalled… not i can;t seem to reinstall the Modbus binding. Do’h.

same issues overhere on Synology

I looked at my backup of previous install. That install used Modbus binding 2.5.8, but it seems that now the ‘install’ of the binding is looking for 2.5.9 version of the binding. Might be that this isn’t compatible with the 2.5.2 version of OH available to Synology users?

I had a bunch of modbus errors, tried removing and re-addin and have a similar issue:

10-04 12:40:49.252 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-modbus, openhab-misc-restdocs': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-modbus; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.5,2.5.5]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-modbus)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.5)(version<=2.5.5))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-modbus/2.5.5: missing requirement [openhab-binding-modbus/2.5.5] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.binding.modbus.sunspec; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.9,2.5.9]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.modbus.sunspec/2.5.9: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.modbus.sunspec/2.5.9] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.modbus.discovery)" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.modbus/2.5.9: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.modbus/2.5.9] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus.endpoint)" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.io.transport.modbus/2.5.9: missing requirement [org.openhab.io.transport.modbus/2.5.9] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.commons.pool2)(version>=2.8.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]]]

I am running mine in docker

As I understand it, there was indeed a packaging snag with this binding and its extensions at 2.5.9

You guys seem to be in trouble because the installer is “helpfully” trying to upgrade 2.5.9
I think you’ll have to either manually install 2.5.8 or use a “2.5.10” snapshot,until 2.5.10 becomes available.

Thanks - this helps.
What is the qiuck way to manually install 2.5.8? jar file?

Thanks Rossko,

2 quick questions… 1) do you know if the install package for Synology will be updated beyond 2.5.2 where it currently is?

1. Where can we download the .jar files for previous versions of the modbus binding?

Thanks!

I don’t know any of that. The answers about binding jar are in the second half of a recent thread

Hello,
I have the same issue.
Were you able to resolve it?

regards,
Kris

Hello everyone,

I am having exact the same issue. Where can I find the latest modbus 2.5.10 snapshot. Is there something else to remark for the snapshot installation except putting the jar into openhab2/addons folder?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Daniel

1 Like

In the end, my resolution was to buy a Raspberry Pi and run OH on there :frowning: disappointing, as i liked being able to just run OH on my NAS.