Hello, I’m pretty new to programming and currently, I need help with my project. I’m trying to create a binding for Modbus communication with RS485 device and decided to use the already existing add-on Modbus binding.
- I’m using Ubuntu 18.04 and Eclipse IDE 2019-03 set up with OpenHAB, setup was done using official documentation.
- I performed mvn clean install on the Modbus binding.
- Add binding to /openhab-distro/launch/app/pom.xml as a dependency.
- Trough IDE add binding to run requirements and try to resolve.
Resolution failed. Capabilities satisfying the following requirements could not be found: [<<INITIAL>>] ⇒ osgi.identity: (osgi.identity=org.openhab.binding.modbus) ⇒ [org.openhab.binding.modbus version=126.96.36.199909181149] ⇒ osgi.wiring.package: (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus)) [org.openhab.core.test version=188.8.131.52909180303] ⇒ osgi.wiring.package: (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.junit)) [org.apache.aries.jpa.container version=2.7.0] ⇒ osgi.service: (objectClass=javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider) [org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial.javacomm version=184.108.40.206909180325] ⇒ osgi.wiring.package: (&(osgi.wiring.package=javax.comm))
What I tried:
- I tried adding the missing dependencies to binding pom.xml, creating /lib and using .jar files.
- I added dependencies to /openhab-distro/launch/app/pom.xml and /bom/openhab-addons/pom.xml and performed mvn clean install.
- I followed Build System documentation on adding dependencies and tried everything that I could find and understand on this in community forums, moistly later half of this: https://community.openhab.org/t/need-some-help-with-setup-to-create-new-binding-using-maven-bnd/70901/17.
In the end, nothing worked and I get the same massage.
What I want to ask:
- Is this problem caused by missing dependencies or is it different problem entirely?
- How to add dependencies?
- Is there some kind of example or documentation on creating Modbus, RS485 communication binding from scratch.