Unable to rotate venetian blinds via rules (Z-wave Qubino flush shutter)

@vossivossi I had tried your item config already, in OH2, with “switch_multilevel2” for the 2nd channel. Did not get anywhere, as @Chris was predicting. I can try again, just to be 100% sure I did not miss anything.

OK, but in this case it is a problem of OH2 and not of the Qubino devices. I control exactly the same devices (21 of them) with exactly the same firmware version without any problems with OH 1.8.1.

As mentioned, this seems not to be the case since the device does not work with other software (ie OZW, ZWay, OH or the Sigma/Zensys software). The device isn’t notifying that it supports the multi-channel command class, and until this is fixed, I see no solution.

Maybe you have some ideas?

Hi Chris,

my config works with this item file (OH 1.8.1), so IT IS WORKING, but with an older version:

Dimmer Rollo_EG_Wohnzimmer "Außenrollo [%d %%]"                 (EG_Wohnzimmer)    {zwave="27:command=switch_multilevel,invert_state=true,invert_percent=false"}
Dimmer Rollo_EG_Wohnzimmer_Lam "Außenrollo Lam [%d %%]"                 (EG_Wohnzimmer)    {zwave="27:2:command=switch_multilevel,invert_state=false,invert_percent=false"}

So the control of the roller shutter is endpoint 0 and the control of the venetian blinds is endpoint 2. And it works perfectly.
BUT: In order to get this config working you need to set the parameter 71 and then exclude an reinclude the device (which is indeed complicated).

I think we can definitely say that YOURS clearly works - but not that EVERY device works.

As I said, the device doesn’t report the multi-channel class, and doesn’t report endpoint 2. I appreciate that this is likely related to the inclusion issue, but this needs to be resolved before this device will work.

Yes - I think this is the problem - this either seems problematic, or simply not working in some devices. I don’t have one to test, but as this has been tried with many different software I can’t see what else can be done until this is resolved.

I totally agree with you. I do not understand at all why you have to first include and then to exclude and reinclude the device. This consumes time and increases your node numbering as every device is inlcuded at least twice.

Just to note in this thread. I’m the guy from the github issue. I managed to get the MULTI_INSTANCE in the NIF and the endpoints listed in the node xml finally. The solution was:

Precondition: param 71 set to 1, device included, several attempts to exclude / include did not show MULTI_INSTANCE in the NIF.
How I could solve it

1. set param 71 to 0 ( save )
  2. set param 71 to 1 ( save )
  3. exclude devcice ( 3 times switch connected to S1 )
  4. disconnect power supply of device
  5. connect power supply of device again
  6. include node into network
  7. patiently wait for the new node xml

Hopefully this helps other people.

@reyem trying to follow this exactly. Now I understand what you mean by patiently… still not there. I think I will time out for tonight.

What do you use as channel configuration then ?

@reyem, amazing ! it took 2 hours to produce an XML, but indeed it looks different and it has got 2 endpoints !!! The new XML is attached.

Only that I still haven’t figured out how to access it now ? (probably my problem now)

version 1:
channel=“zwave:device:2ddbb6c4:node25:blinds_control”
I can move them, but there is nothing on the Basic UI to turn…

version 2 with 2 channels:
channel=“zwave:device:2ddbb6c4:node25:switch_multilevel”
channel=“zwave:device:2ddbb6c4:node25:switch_multilevel2”

Does not work at all. I am probably missing something completely. But as well on the “control” panels of the Paper UI it does not come up with anything to rotate… @Chris, it probably does not recognise it correctly still, isn’t it ?

node25.xml (24.0 KB)

Where did these channels come from? In the database it doesn’t look like these channels exist :confused:

My expectation is that now at least endpoint 2 needs to be added to the database - ultimately both endpoints should be, but endpoint 1 will be the same as the root device so we’ll probably not configure channels (TBD!).

I’ll look at this tonight or tomorrow if I don’t get a chance tonight as I have to go out…

I would propose to add all 3 endpoints. They are documented in the manual including the supported . The endpoint 3 would be there if a temperature sensor is attached before including the device. So as soon as somebody does this, there will be the next issue…

The documentation states:

Z-Wave Device Class:
BASIC_TYPE_ROUTI NG_SLAVE
GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL
SPECIFIC_TYPE_CLASS_C_MOTOR_CONTROL

Z-Wave Supported Command Classes:
COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2
COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION_V2
COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2
COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY_V1
COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL_V1
COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V1
COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_ALL_V1
COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY_V1
COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3
COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V4
COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7
COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V4
COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCI ATION_ V2
COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_V3
COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_ V2
COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V1
COMMAND_CLASS_MARK
COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V1

Endpoint1:
Device Class:
BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE

Command Classes:
COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION_ V2
COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V1
COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_ALL_V1
COMMAND_CLASS_METER_ V4
COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCI ATION_ V2
COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2
COMMAND_CLASS_MARK
COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V1

Endpoint2:
Device Class:
BASIC_TYPE_ROUTI NG_SL AVE

Command Classes:
COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION_V2
COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V1
COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_ALL Slovenia
COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2
COMMAND_CLASS_MARK
COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V1

Endpoint 3:
Device Class:
GENERIC_TYPE_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
SPECIFIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL

Command Classes:
COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION_V2
COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7
COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2

So what is the risk if these are added?

I should have been clearer - all three endpoints will be added from the XML - as normal - but not channels for all 3 endpoints since this will lead to duplication. The ZWave standard requires that endpoint 0 reflect endpoint 1 (I forget the exact wording) so to avoid confusion I prefer to avoid adding the same channel twice. If we find something is missing we can always add it.

Hi @Chris, what i did is I tried adding the putting switch_multilevel and switch_multilevel2 into my.items file. This did not work, it would not talk to neither of them.

Ah - ok, no, this won’t work at all since the channels don’t exist. The binding needs to expose the channels first, then you can add the items…

Ah, now I understand :slight_smile: Thank you a lot for clarification. This sounds like a good plan! Let me know if I can support in updating the database. I would have edit permissions in theory, but are not yet comfortable with the system.

The binding has been updated to include this (although not endpoint 3 at the moment as it’s not in any XML I have). However tests seem to be failing on another binding so nothing is building at the moment :frowning: .

Hi @Chris, excellent ! Can one replace the binding in an existing version or do I need to wait for a successful build ?

In PaperUI or HABmin, you can go to Extensions, and uninstall the binding, and then re-install it again. It will then pick up the latest build…

Hi @Chris, thanks for the tip ! At the end I decided to downloaded build #603 which seems to have it and started over (my version was messy enough by now that I needed to do a fresh start). I do see the additional endpoints, but still waiting for the XML for the qubino device that for the right setup now, such that I can test it. I will keep you update as soon as I have more news.

Hi @Chris, works, I can access the 2nd endpoint and turn the blinds. I am struggling a little how to use the blinds_control and the 2nd endpoint, still testing. Is there is trick somehow ?