Unable to send TTS to Alexa via url trigger

Hello everybody,

Since a long time, I am looking for a simple way to make Alexa talk via url trigger. I searched out those last days and found this article:

It is in french but it said that with an openhab proper configuration, you can make Alexa says what you want by calling an url like : “openhab:8080/classicui/CMD?Echo_Speak=hello world”

Well, I am running under windows 10. I succeed in installing Java, then OpenHAB, then adding the Amazon Echo Control Binding, also link my Amazon account to the Binding and found out my Echo Dot speaker.

After that, I am a little bit lost. I tried many many things but none of them is working. When I trigger for example “192.168.1.28:8080/classicui/CMD?Echo_Speak=hello” I always have this error on the web browser:

Sorry
Requested content not found.
Debug information
** Url: /classicui/CMD?echo_Speak=hello*
** Path: /classicui/CMD*
** Hash:*
** Params:*
** Query:*

• echo_Speak: hello*
      ** Route: (.)

My Amazon account as well as my echo (in things) are marked as ONLINE…

Could you help me please ?

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X / 16go RAM
    • Java Runtime Environment:
      openjdk version “11.0.12” 2021-07-20 LTS
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.50+19-CA (build 11.0.12+7-LTS)
      OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu11.50+19-CA (build 11.0.12+7-LTS, mixed mode)
    • openHAB version: 3.1.0

see OH3: CMD API (aka: classicui/CMD=)

You could start by creating a rule as described in Amazon Echo Control - Bindings | openHAB . Trigger then needs to be done via REST API.

Many thanks Wolfgang !!!

I read the link you shared to me and found the answer. It works by using basicui in the URL.

Even if this is not a wanted usage according to the openhab developer, it is very usefull ! They should consider keeping it !

1 Like