Unable to update parameters for Fibaro Smoke Detector FGSD-002

While configuring my first z-wave device in a fresh openhab 2 installation (on a Synology DS215j) i ran into two (or maybe one ?) issue. I see not to be able to update parameter 11 & 12 as the size of the parameter seems to be wrong in the database:

11:45:02.515 [ERROR] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Size error 1<>2 from config_11_1
11:45:02.519 [ERROR] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Size error 1<>2 from config_12_1

According to manual the size is 2 bytes (i know the possible values fit into one byte… ?!), not 1 byte as the z-wave database states.

Looking in the z-wave database i stumbled on another “inconsistency” for this device:

The range for both entries is set to 1-255, but according to the manual (and also the description in the database itself) the value 0 is valid. (Which makes me wonder if there is some parameter checking missing as i tried to set the value for one of the parameters to 0 ?)
Also according to the manual for parameter 12 the default value is 0, not 255. (Here i wonder if this value was read from database or the device, i actually tried a device reset and readded the device again, but the value shown afterwards was still 255)

Hope i did not repost something old, but did not found anything directly related.

Thanks and merry chrismas already

Yes, it does look like these should be 0-255, not 1-255.

We need to be careful with versions of software - according to the manual on the database site, these are 1 byte long. So, probably you have a different firmware and we’ll need to look at how to handle this.

What version do you have?

I’ll also have this messages with my FGSD-002:

2016-12-15 20:31:40.386 [ERROR] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 8: Size error 1<>2 from config_11_1
2016-12-15 20:31:40.387 [ERROR] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 8: Size error 1<>2 from config_12_1

Here is my firmware info:

Thanks - yours is exactly the same as mine so I guess I also have these errors ;).

I suppose there’s three options - the firmware changed, or the document changed - or both… How old is your device (mine is quite new) - if it’s not too new, then I’d suggest that we update the database to 2 bytes and see if anyone complains - if they do, then we know there was a firmware modification and we have to have two versions.

I bought mine in February 2016. So it was produced at least one year ago.

Ok - that’s good for me - I don’t think the FGSD002 is much older than that anyway (if I remember correctly).

I’ve updated these two parameters…

Just for completness sake: mine is the same firmware/version (produced in January 2016)

But the manual seems to have been updated to version 1.01 according to the filename:

Thanks - I’ve updated the manual on the database site. It looks quite likely it was just a manual error then…