Unexpected entries in the log for Tesla binding

Hi guys,
just upgraded to OH 3.1.0 and everything works very well. Much less log entries about things going on/offline (Chromecast) and stuff like that. Nice with the new colors in the log also.

My system: OH 3.1.0, Windows 10. Original Tesla binding that came with the update. No problems in general with the whole installation.

Some unexpected log entries regarding the Tesla binding however. It seems to be working (except for the trunk but it does not work in the Tesla app either so I do not know if it is a problem with their api, my car or the Tesla app so we leave that for now).

But in the log I get this once in a while:

21-06-29 18:19:15.859 [ERROR] [internal.items.ItemStateConverterImpl] - A conversion of null was requested:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: State must not be null.
        at org.openhab.core.internal.items.ItemStateConverterImpl.convertToAcceptedState(ItemStateConverterImpl.java:58) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.sendUpdate(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:121) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onStateUpdateFromHandler(SystemDefaultProfile.java:53) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.CommunicationManager.lambda$11(CommunicationManager.java:534) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.CommunicationManager.lambda$13(CommunicationManager.java:554) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.CommunicationManager.handleCallFromHandler(CommunicationManager.java:550) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.CommunicationManager.stateUpdated(CommunicationManager.java:532) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl$1.stateUpdated(ThingManagerImpl.java:176) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.updateState(BaseThingHandler.java:231) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.updateState(BaseThingHandler.java:250) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaVehicleHandler.parseAndUpdate(TeslaVehicleHandler.java:881) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaAccountHandler$Request.run(TeslaAccountHandler.java:467) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.tesla.internal.throttler.QueueChannelThrottler.lambda$0(QueueChannelThrottler.java:45) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

And also more often this:

21-06-30 14:17:41.346 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  ] - Item 'Roddan_AutoConditioning' changed from OFF to UNDEF

21-06-30 16:46:49.748 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  ] - Item 'Roddan_ChargePort' changed from OFF to UNDEF
21-06-30 16:46:52.063 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  ] - Item 'Roddan_AutoConditioning' changed from OFF to UNDEF

**21-06-30 16:47:46.774 [WARN ] [.internal.handler.TeslaAccountHandler] - Reached the maximum number of errors (2) for the current interval (15 seconds)**

21-06-30 16:47:46.775 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'tesla:account:[Redacted]' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
21-06-30 16:47:46.776 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'tesla:models:[Redacted]' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

21-06-30 16:47:47.448 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'tesla:models:[Redacted]' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE

21-06-30 16:47:58.287 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'tesla:account:[Redacted]' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE

I am afraid that these errors mean that the car is called on quite often and that will increase the “vampire drain” and I also feel that the drainage has gotten higher since I got this to work (but no definite proof as of yet).

Any ideas if there is something I can do to make the whole thing better or is this maybe something on Tesla’s side?

Apart from this - very nice update to 3.1.0, really appreciated from me as a user. Thanks for a great job overall!

I can confirm most of the findings. I’ve got the same error in my logs. Although sometimes the trunk actually opens. It doesn’t close though.