Has anyone ever encountered a rogue Z-wave node in their network? I have two devices, three counting the controller. But tonight, after rebooting openhab, a third/fourth one showed up. I do technically have a 3rd device, but it’s offline. And I’m certain it’s still offline, since the battery has been removed. The other odd bit is, though, that the random node is coming in with the same number as when I tried to add the offline device to my openhab2 instance. The battery is out and I didn’t add it after switching to openhab 3 because attempting to add that device was the beginning of the end for my openhab 2 install. When I added it, no matter how much I woke it up, it broke my zwave network. I attempted to return it, even, but ended up being told to keep the device and was issued a refund. Not that this is a relevant detail lol. I’m hoping after the nightly heal that it will go back to normal, but we’ll see.
Removing the battery will not stop it being detected. The binding gets the list of nodes that have joined the network from the controller. The controller remembers all nodes - even if they are powered off, and will tell the binding that they exist - even if they are not currently powered.