Unifi Binding Openhab 3.0

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with the Unifi binding and the new openhab 3.0. The thing status constantly switches between Online and bridge offline.

2020-12-25 11:27:43.331 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'unifi:controller:622b92b495' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error communicating with the UniFi controller
2020-12-25 11:28:29.551 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'unifi:controller:622b92b495' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error communicating with the UniFi controller to ONLINE

Any ideas? I am using openhab in docker.

Daniel

Hi, I’m also trying OH3 with the UniFi binding without success

22:21:29.177 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘unifi:controller:5b1dbbba7b’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

22:21:29.256 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘unifi:controller:5b1dbbba7b’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Error establishing an SSL connection with the UniFi controller

Can confirm I can log in via web browser with same credentials, but binding won’t work :frowning:

I have the same problem
OpenHAB 3.0
Raspberry Pi 4
Cloud Key Gen2 : Version: 6.0.43
has someone made it work :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

Yes, downgrade to 2.5 :neutral_face:

1 Like

I have it working no issues and did nothing special. Openhabian on a pi4

My works fine with openhab 3 on docker, but i use an reverse proxy with my own certificate for my local domain. it looks like a tls handshake error or something.

Could it be another binding you have loaded that is not compatible. Same issue some see with other bindings where bindings keep restarting.

Sorry for the English
I’m trying to google translation
Fine, I’m glad it works but I do not know how to do it
thanks

Did you upgrade or is this a clean install?

My controller is running 6.0.43-14348-1 same as yours

addons.cfg

The installation package of this openHAB instance

Note: This is only regarded at the VERY FIRST START of openHAB

Note: If you want to specify your add-ons yourself through entries below, set the package to “minimal”

as otherwise your definition might be in conflict with what the installation package defines.

Valid options:

- standard : Standard setup for normal use of openHAB

- minimal : Installation of core components, but no UIs or other add-ons. Use this for special headless setups.

- demo : A pre-configured demo setup which can be used for demonstration.

See https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/packages.html for a detailed explanation of these packages.

package = standard

Access Remote Add-on Repository

Defines whether the remote openHAB add-on repository should be used for browsing and installing add-ons. (default is true)

#remote = true

A comma-separated list of automation services to install (e.g. “automation = groovyscripting”)

automation = groovyscripting,jythonscripting

A comma-separated list of bindings to install (e.g. “binding = knx,sonos,zwave”)

#binding =

binding = amazonechocontrol,astro,bluetooth,chromecast,darksky,dmx,deconz,dscalarm,enigma2,exec,feed,gpstracker,harmonyhub,hpprinter,http,hue,icloud,mqtt,network,ntp,shelly,squeezebox,systeminfo,telegram,unifi,zwave

amazonechocontrol ,plex1.wol1,

A comma-separated list of miscellaneous services to install (e.g. “misc = openhabcloud”)

misc = openhabcloud,hueemulation

,hueemulation

A comma-separated list of persistence services to install (e.g. “persistence = jpa,rrd4j”)

persistence = mapdb,rrd4j

A comma-separated list of transformation services to install (e.g. “transformation = jsonpath,map”)

transformation = bin2json,exec,javascript,jsonpath,map,regex

A comma-separated list of UIs to install (e.g. “ui = basic,habpanel”)

ui = basic,habpanel

A comma-separated list of voice services to install (e.g. “voice = googletts,marytts”)

#voice =

I have it this way

UNIFI.things

Bridge unifi:controller:home “UniFi Controller” @ “UNIFI” [ host=“192.168.0.128”, port=8443, username=“χχχχχ”, password=“χχχχχχχ”, refresh=10 ]

{

Thing wirelessClient               mobileChris            "UNIFI Mobile Chris"      @ "UNIFI" [ cid="192.168.0.10" , site="default", considerHome=180 ]

Thing wirelessClient               mobileOlga             "UNIFI Mobile Olga"       @ "UNIFI" [ cid="χχχχχχχχχχχχ" , site="Chris Kallas", considerHome=180 ]

Thing wirelessClient               mobileAfroditi         "UNIFI Mobile Afroditi"   @ "UNIFI" [ cid="192.168.0.12" , site="Chris Kallas", considerHome=180 ]

Thing wirelessClient               mobileMeri             "UNIFI Mobile Meri"       @ "UNIFI" [ cid="192.168.0.13" , site="Chris Kallas", considerHome=180 ]

Thing wirelessClient               mobileMaria            "UNIFI Mobile Maria"      @ "UNIFI" [ cid="192.168.0.14" , site="Chris Kallas", considerHome=180 ]

Thing wirelessClient               mobileElias            "UNIFI Mobile Elias"      @ "UNIFI" [ cid="192.168.0.15" , site="Chris Kallas", considerHome=180 ]

Thing wirelessClient               xiaomiTVBox_Milia      "UNIFI Xiaomi TV Box"     @ "UNIFI" [ cid="192.168.0.19" , site="Chris Kallas", considerHome=180 ]

Thing wirelessClient               amazonFireTVBox_Milia  "UNIFI Amazon Fire TV"    @ "UNIFI" [ cid="192.168.0.29" , site="Chris Kallas", considerHome=180 ]

Thing wirelessClient               mobileKostakis         "UNIFI Mobile Kostakis"   @ "UNIFI" [ cid="192.168.0.120", site="Chris Kallas", considerHome=180 ]

}

clean install and try to transfer them from openhab2.5 to openhab 3.0

Looks very similar to mine. Couple of different bindings. I am doing a clean install and I wanted to tidy some things up so I am recreating so that is the only big difference. Not sure if that is where the difference is.

could you give some information.
do I make it.
thanks

I have deleted unifi to openhab 2.5
I re-installed openhab 3.0 unifi
restart openhab 3.0
restart Cloud Key Gen2
but nothing I do not know what else to do
thanks

Have you created a new controller bridge thing from UI?

yes i have tried it but nothing

You have exactly same unifi controller as I have and have setup the bridge same way and have same version of binding and openHAB.

I just added a new bridge to check and it connected immediately.

Very hard to know what next.

thanks i will try new bridge again. otherwise new installation openhab3.0

Not sure here, but I have a new install of OH3, and the UniFi binding doesn’t work for me. I found this in another thread re: controller version 6.0.43:

Unfortunately, they changed the way how to communicate with the Controller
The binding is also not reflecting the new two-factor authentication :frowning:

Hopefully, the author of this binding can help to get it back to work

thanks.
do something for it to work?