Unknown Z-Wave+ devices in OH2 PaperUI

You are right.
I can’t upload the xml, it gets added to the wrong device. So we need to ping @chris to help out on this :sunglasses:

As per the database documentation (written in bold, near the top) -:

To use the database you must first register on the site, then email, or open a ticket to have your access updated to allow you to edit the information…

Which XML are you loading? It shouldn’t get loaded to the “wrong” device - the database checks if there is already a device with the specified device types and if there is it will just point to that (without updating anything). If it’s doing that, then likely it means that a device with this manufacturer data is already in the database.

This one with type:id 0C02:1003

but it gets added to this device with type:id 0C02:1002

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/129

Are you trying to create a new device from this, or update the existing one?

A new one.
I’ve set the existing one to a max firmware version. I’m pretty sure the last time this was working with another device.

Just to be clear - is there an existing device with the same IDs? It seems not from your statement above (and my search)?

No. I did not find a 0C02:1003:

There is just the 0C02:1002:

This is what is new about the smoke detector from user manual

Yepp, I’ve seen that in your post above …

I had no problem creating a new device -:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/878

The only issue I did have is the XML file above has an error - one line is missing a > off the end, but once I fixed that, it was fine.

We should add these manufacturer codes to BOTH smoke detectors.

I think I have to ditch Firefox Beta :joy:

Did not see it and the database did not tell me :rofl:

Pardon? Which manufacturer codes? You don’t mean the type and id because those need to be unique …
I’m glad to add <something> if you tell me what you mean.

Ah, and could you please remove those false attempts uploading an xml to the wrong device?

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/129

Thx.

Yes - the same codes should be used in both devices. They don’t need to be completely unique - if the software version is different, the codes can be the same.

It means that if someone updates their firmware, then it will still work.

Ok, thx, still learning :grinning:

1 Like

HI, could you please tell me how you got the Door multisensor to show the correct info as mine just show unidentified also…

thanks

michael

Have you woken it up?

From the docs -:

Note that it may take some time to discover the device type - especially in battery devices where you may need to manually wake up the device a few times to allow the interrogation to complete. Refer to the device manual for information on waking up the device.

Any update on the Zipato/Heimann Gas Sensor?

The information in the device list still seems incomplete and I only discover “unknown device” on OH 2.4.0~M6.

Should I export the device product file and where would it need to be stored?

Updating the node xml file in /userdate/zwave based on Thomas’ xml file didn’t get the device recognized.

What is the issue you want updated? I don’t see any problem currently, so it would be good to understand what your problem is and what product IDs etc your product has.

Please feel free to make any updates if there is information missing. Information on updating the database is here.

The problem is that the gas sensor is not recognized and I’m not sure how to integrate it to OH now. Any help is very welcome!

[WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 9: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0131:8003:1000::1.1
<version>4</version>
<manufacturer>0x131</manufacturer>
<deviceId>0x1000</deviceId>
<deviceType>0x8003</deviceType>

I.e. it’s supposed to be the same as this one.

Thank you, I created an account and will add as much info as I can. Typing this post I’ve seen the missing data for the gas sensor has just been added 7 hours ago. :sweat_smile: