Unreliable Philips Hue Dimmer Switch Events with current 2.5 Milestone M4 Build

Hi Bruce,

thanks for pointing that out. Thats my bad. Of course i am using the 2.5 Milestone M4 Build.

I will edit my first post.

Cheers

1 Like

@regnets

A lot of people having the same problem, including me. It was mentioned long ago. Since 2.5.0-M1. See also here:

1 Like

@cweitkamp Are there any news?

Are you sure that this is related to your issue. I understand that the event is not received by the rule. However i am missing events directly in the events.log.

I`m also missing triggered events in events.log (or better: events bus). A rule should catch an event and do something. If event is missing, rule is not fired.

Wow, ok. I wouldn’t expect that something big like this issue would exist for such a long time.

Ok Thank you very much. I will have a look at these github issues.

@cweitkamp

Here is a further hint for you.

I am on Snapshot 1731 and had the same problem. So wanted to exclude, that it’s an issue due to the new OH-CORE or rules DSL, so I kept all of 1731 but did a downgrade of Hue Binding to 1486 (this is 2 weeks before 2.5.0-M1 was released) and NOW it is running again very reliable.

Tghere were so man y mahor changes between M2 & M2 I would not expect any binding before M2 to work well with current snapshots. There have been too many architectural changes.

@Bruce_Osborne

All I can tell to you:

ZWave and Hue are running without any problems so far (both from 1486), together with the 1731 OH-CORE (released about 7 hours after 2.5.0-M4).

In contrast, they are not running since 2.5.0-M1 or 2.5.0-M2.

So I’m satisfied now. :slight_smile:

If you do not have any of these problems, then congratulations to a lucky guy.

1 Like

At the moment i am running mainly Z-Wave devices but no Hue. I have recently done some testing with the ZigBee binding though.

AFAIK you have disabled “nightly heal”? This is usually not the default setting. This can be called a workaround, and so is mine by downgrading to something working.

I actually have it enabled right now but plan on disabling it when my network settles down physically. I have moved some devices around and actually rebuilt the network on a different controller.
For now, I have a controller & system I can use for testing & experimentation.

1 Like

I would like to try that version as well for the time being as I still have some dimmers connected to the Hue bridge (for redundancy reasons), but it looks like I cannot download anything before snapshot build 1730… Any place I can get my hands on this 1486 .jar file?

@noppes123

You can use this: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue-0.11.0-SNAPSHOT.pdf (136.9 KB) Please rename ending to .jar and copy it to addons folder.

1 Like

Thanks! :grin:

1 Like

@cweitkamp

Unreliable Philips Hue Dimmer Switch Events with current 2.5 Milestone M4 Build

Could you please share any information about the state or if there are plans to fix this in near future? Thanks a lot.

@Celaeno1 I appreciate your eagerness to find a solution for this problem. But I am afraid I do not have the time to investigate much on it at the moment. In general I guess that we are facing two different problems here. First one is the Philips Hue Event issue. This is probably cause by the polling strategy implemented in the binding - it polls the Hue Bridge in a fixed time interval. For this issue I have to admit that I am not very motivated to do research as I get rid of sensor / remote control usages via Hue binding in my environment and thus I do not have the possibility to test it anymore. The second one is the - lets call it - “getEvent()” issue in DSL rules. I tried to investigate on that but did not find a solution for it yet.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your detailed explanations. If I can support or help you in any way, I am always ready for testing. Please contact me if you have some time left.

@regnets
@noppes123

The issue should have been solved. See here. Many thanks to @cweitkamp who solved it now. :slight_smile: :+1:

I wasn’t able to test it, because I had a construction site at home. I’m going to test this tonight.

Did you test it already? What are your results?

1 Like

I created a new thread for this topic: