Unresponsive z-wave unit

Exactly.

@sihui thank you
 :smiley:

1 Like

Also note that unplugging/plugging a zstick (at least in Linux can cause the USB device to change (e.g. /dev/ttyACM0 to /dev/ttyACM1).

2 Likes

I tend to power down, unplug the stick to include/exclude, then plug it back into the same USB port and re-boot for that reason @mhilbush. Slow old process but seems to have worked for the last few years (I think :slight_smile: )

So, I selected to remove node30 and the module flashed to say excluded as I would expect. Also OpenHAB told me the thing was not responding. I deleted the thing and did a factory reset on the module before re-adding it, now as node 78. Reconfigured the thing for the new node and all looks good

But now I see that node 30 has re-appeared in the inbox. I guess the exclude did not succeed? How do I remove it now that the module has been reset and re-added as node 78?

I believe the process @chris recommends is to discover the Thing, mark it as Failed, Excklude the Thing, and then delete the Thing?
Not sure though. I have used Zensys Tools to delete from the controller.

Yes, this should (or could) work. Restart the binding before doing this - that will hopefully cause the binding to send the NOP command which seems to be what’s needed prior sending the “Remove failed node” command.

If it doesn’t work, then you’re probably stuck with the Zensys tool

1 Like

That’s what I use. Works every time.

Marking as failed, excluding and deleting does not seem to remove the old node30, even after a reboot. Just following https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000226205-z-wave-command-class-configuration-tool-download- to install the Zensys tool
 see if I can work that one out :slight_smile:

1 Like

When using the Zensys tool, I follow the procedure described in this post.