Update and PowerShell problem

Trying to update my 2.4.0 stable version to 2.5.0.M5 but run into below problem/error with PowerShell. I’am running PowerShell as administrator.

PS C:>
PS C:> cd C:\openhab-2.4.0
PS C:\openhab-2.4.0> .\runtime\bin\update.ps1
PS C:\openhab-2.4.0> Update-openHAB
Update-openHAB : The term ‘Update-openHAB’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable progra
m. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• Update-openHAB
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Update-openHAB:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\openhab-2.4.0>

Am I the only one with this problem?

The problem is you need to do . .\runtime\bin\update.ps1 (notice the double dot with a space between). However - you could ignore all that and simply run the ‘update.bat’ in runtime/bin from your c:\openhab-2.4.0 directory. (which will do pretty much the same thing as you are attempting).

Please note - you need some other java.exe process running on the system (like eclipse or somethign) - otherwise you’ll encounter a null pointer exception when trying to run the update. I’ve fixed that bug but it hasn’t been merged yet.

Thank you, now it works. Embarrassing to miss that little “dot”