Update FLiRS devices?

Hi there,

I’m using OpenHAB 2 with the Z-Wave plugin. I have a self-made temperature sensor that is in FLiRS mode. How can update the temperature value (i.e. wake up the device)? In the Z-Way server, for example, I can click on the time the temperature was last read and thereby update the temperature from the sensor.

Thank you!

Greetings,
Julian

FLiRS devices are treated just the same as any other device. If you want to update it, then you can use polling, although it’s not very nice and you’d be better to configure associations.

Thanks; I’m a Z-Wave beginner, especially when it comes to device development. So, if I’d like to poll, how would I do it? I didn’t find an appropriate Action in https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Actions, but I just saw the last paragraph of https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Z-Wave-Binding. So, I could use

sendCommand(“zwave_device_86d1d009_node54_sensor_temperature”, refresh.REFRESH)

, right? :slight_smile:

In HABmin thing configuration, there’s an option to set the polling rate - just change it to something faster than the default (which is 30 minutes).

This is the OH1 documentation.[quote=“Julian_Kranz, post:3, topic:19297”]
So, I could use

sendCommand(“zwave_device_86d1d009_node54_sensor_temperature”, refresh.REFRESH)
[/quote]

Yes - although this shouldn’t be documented in the OH1 documentation, but that is correct for OH2.

Thanks, however with this I get the following error message:

[ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Update Temperature: An error occured during the script execution: The name ‘refresh’ cannot be resolved to an item or type.

I’d suggest to check the docs - not sure where, but it’s not part of the ZWave binding and I’m not personally familiar with this.

However, why do you want to poll with a rule? Just set the polling interval to 30 seconds (or whatever you want) and avoid the hassle of a rule -:

This here seems to work:

sendCommand(“zwave_device_86d1d009_node54_sensor_temperature”, “REFRESH”)

So you should probably update the documentation ;-). But yes, doing it the UI both worked and seems to be the way to go. Thanks again!

Well, I didn’t write this and it really shouldn’t be there at all. As I said - it’s OH1 documentation. However, you are of course free to update the documentation as well :wink:

1 Like