Updated ESH bundles in 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT - Important for TRADFRI users

All,

I have just pushed a new ESH stable build to the openHAB distro - it is included since build #1077.
You can find a list of all changes here. Its many small fixes at various places, which I won’t go through in detail here.

An important update is included for all IKEA TRADFRI users: As you might have heard that IKEA released a new firmware for the TRADFRI gateway a few days ago, which requires a new authentication mechanism. The good news is that this is now fully supported and with it, the binding now also brings support for remote controls (only battery information, no way to use them as a trigger, sorry) and other stability enhancements.

As always, please report back in case you come across any regressions in the general behavior of openHAB after updating to this build. There were quite some internal refactorings (like UPnP using a different http client library now), so there is always the risk that something went unseen during the tests.

Have fun with the new build!
Kai

4 Likes

Hi,

My configuration:
Java version: 1.8.0_151-b12
Openhab2 version 2.2 build 966
Manual installation /opt/openhab2 (.kar files + siennaPL binding in addon folder)
package = minimal
remote = false
legacy = false
binding = sonos,weatherunderground,mqtt1,tcp1,caldav-command1
ui = paper
persistence = rrd4j
transformation = map,regex

Everything is running perfect since 3 months without any restart.

After fresh manual installation of build 1078:
(i simply replaced ‘conf’ and ‘addon’ folder with the new .kar files)

There are problems like:
somtimes after restart UI’s are not available

massages like:
Exception in thread “SIGWINCH handler” java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at org.jline.terminal.impl.NativeSignalHandler.handle(NativeSignalHandler.java:24)
at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.JLineTerminal.handle(JLineTerminal.java:280)
at org.jline.terminal.impl.AbstractTerminal.raise(AbstractTerminal.java:65)
at org.jline.terminal.impl.PosixSysTerminal.lambda$handle$1(PosixSysTerminal.java:65)
at org.jline.utils.Signals.lambda$register$1(Signals.java:51)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy57.handle(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Signal$1.run(Signal.java:212)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
or

08:04:46.856 [INFO ] [openhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - Stopping broker connection ‘broker’

or

08:42:50.681 [WARN ] [fig.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker] - The XML document ‘/ESH-INF/binding/binding.xml’ in module ‘org.openhab.binding.siennapl’ could not be parsed: The XmlConfigDescriptionProvider must not be null!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The XmlConfigDescriptionProvider must not be null!
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml.internal.BindingInfoXmlProvider.(BindingInfoXmlProvider.java:55) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml:0.9.0.201711101643]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml.internal.XmlBindingInfoProvider.createDocumentProvider(XmlBindingInfoProvider.java:136) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml:0.9.0.201711101643]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.acquireXmlDocumentProvider(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:176) [98:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201711101643]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.addingObject(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:201) [98:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201711101643]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.parseDocuments(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:345) [98:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201711101643]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.processBundle(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:331) [98:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201711101643]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.access$3(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:326) [98:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201711101643]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker$2.run(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:302) [98:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201711101643]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

if i remove all the openhab1 bindings(mqtt1,tcp1,caldav-command1) my first feeling is that things seem to be OK.

So i have to go back to build 966

Hi

Running openhabian on Raspi3 and have updated this morning to openHAB 2.2.0 Build #1078 and can’t get my 5 pcs. Sonos Play 1 back to work with this realease!
Some are online others are offline in PaperUI. But even the ones that are online are not controllable.

Tried already to remove/add the things and uninstalled/installed the Binding. Without success.

BR
Michael

.kar files in addon folder

This is not a good idea due to this open bug. But this is not new, but open since a few months already. So please don’t use the kars with the current snapshots.

The XML document ‘/ESH-INF/binding/binding.xml’ in module ‘org.openhab.binding.siennapl’ could not be parse

What is the siennapl binding? Could you check whether its binding.xml is valid?

Some are online others are offline in PaperUI. But even the ones that are online are not controllable.

I only have a PLAY1 available for testing, which works flawlessly. Feel free to report an issue here (best incl. logs) if other Sonos devices have issues.

regarding siennaPL binding:
This binding is written by myself.

With build 996 there is no such warning.
This warning has no effect. The binding runs without problems.

Unfortunately, it looks like this new ESH version introduced a critical issue in UPnP: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/4531

For any user using the Sonos binding, I fully recommend to not install any snapshot version after 1075 until a new version of the jUPnP library is included in ESH.

22:26:10.952 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'Stehlampe_Wohnzimmer_Subwoofer_Switch' received command OFF
22:26:10.970 [WARN ] [internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl] - Cannot delegate command 'OFF' for item 'Stehlampe_Wohnzimmer_Subwoofer_Switch' to handler for channel 'tradfri:0100:gwa0cc2bfd22d1:65536:brightness', because no handler is assigned. Maybe the binding is not installed or not propertly initialized.
22:26:11.008 [WARN ] [internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl] - Cannot delegate update 'OFF' for item 'Stehlampe_Wohnzimmer_Subwoofer_Switch' to handler for channel 'tradfri:0100:gwa0cc2bfd22d1:65536:brightness', because no handler is assigned. Maybe the binding is not installed or not propertly initialized.
22:26:11.045 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Stehlampe_Wohnzimmer_Subwoofer_Switch changed from ON to OFF

Here the “Log” off this Tradfri Binding…

The Binding is installed and the Gateway seems to be Online