Updating GoControl GC-TBZ48 in product database

I’m new to openHAB and I’m attempting to add a CoControl Thermostat (GC-TBZ48). I’m able to discover and connect to the device, but I get this message.

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:

The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

I looked up the item in the database, and there’s a warning that the category is missing (screenshot below). I’m wondering if this could be causing this issue. I imagine that the category just needs to be set to HVAC. However, I’m new to working with openHAB so I may be missing an important element.

Thanks for any insight or help!

Do you see the device ID, and product ID in the device properties in HABmin/PaperUI? If not, then the device has not finished discovery and must be woken up to allow this to complete. If it is shown, and it’s not the same as shown in the database (ie the 5442:5436) then it would need to be added.

The missing category in the database should also be updated, but it’s not a major issue and won’t in itself prevent anything working.

I see the following properties in the PaperUI:

zwave_class_basic ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic THERMOSTAT
zwave_frequent true
zwave_neighbours 1,3
zwave_version 1.0
zwave_listening false
zwave_plus_devicetype THERMOSTAT_HVAC
zwave_deviceid 21559
zwave_nodeid 4
zwave_routing true
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_specific THERMOSTAT_GENERAL_V2
zwave_manufacturer 335
zwave_devicetype 21570

Thanks. So your device is different to what’s in the database… However, I found that this device is actually included in the database twice, so it’s probably best to delete one -:

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/376

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/622

It looks like the second one here is more complete. If you have a few minutes, can you do a side by side comparison of these two devices - especially of the endpoint data that lists the channels. If they are the same, I’ll update the second one with the product codes from the first, and also for your device.

For the most part, the two devices are exactly the same. The device with more information (…devicesummary/622) has a few more endpoints:

ASSOCIATION_GROUP_INFO
DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY
ZWAVE_PLUS_INFO
FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD

Thanks for your help!

I’ve deleted 376 and updated 622 with your codes…

I tried removing and re-adding the thermostat. I still get the same warning.

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:

The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

I believe the device initialisation is complete because I see the following properties:

zwave_class_basic ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic THERMOSTAT
zwave_frequent true
zwave_neighbours 1,10
zwave_version 1.0
zwave_listening false
zwave_plus_devicetype THERMOSTAT_HVAC
zwave_deviceid 21559
zwave_nodeid 11
zwave_routing true
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_specific THERMOSTAT_GENERAL_V2
zwave_manufacturer 335
zwave_devicetype 21570

Is there another issue I could be missing?

The node itself is listed as 014F:5442:5437:1.0

Unless you have rebuilt the binding, nothing will have changed. It will be another day or two before the binding is updated, and you will need to update to the latest snapshot once it is done.

Thanks for all your help! I saw the changes in GitHub but haven’t seen a new snapshot. Do you know when the snapshot with updated binding will be available?

I’ll kick on off now.